• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PROJECT LOG "Thideras Modded" Antec 1200

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I got the front fan harness made today. It is a 1 -> 3 splitter, so all fans are controlled by a single channel on the fan controller. You can also see the optical cable above the top hard drive bay.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Here is the first part of the splitter, that plugs directly into the fan controller.
wmgt_frontfans_1.JPG

One fan sleeved. I didn't ziptie the inside because there it would not fit and it isn't needed.
wmgt_frontfans_2.JPG

All three fans done.
wmgt_frontfans_3.JPG

Fan installed, showing the route that it takes. There are stock clips which work perfectly for holding my cable. As long as the fan is unplugged, you can remove the cage without having to watch the wires, unlike the stock ones. How convenient!
wmgt_frontfans_4.JPG

Cages installed with no harness, testing to see how long each of the cables need to be.
wmgt_frontfans_5.JPG

Breakout harness made.
wmgt_frontfans_6.JPG

Breakout harness installed. Much cleaner than the stock cables.
wmgt_frontfans_7.JPG

Got the heavy duty PCI-e cables done tonight.

wgmt_pcie_1.JPG

wgmt_pcie_2.JPG

wgmt_pcie_3.JPG

wgmt_pcie_4.JPG

Looking good, thiddy.:thup: I am still trying to decide whether I want to pick up one of those 3 pin breakout cables, or just wire the fans directly to the PSU. I recently picked up 3 green LED Tri Cool fans for my upcoming case mod. They have a 3 pin to 4 pin molex adapter with an RPM lead on it, so I'm not sure if I just want to hard mod them to medium and run them off the Rheobus or just hook them up to the PSU and hard mod them to low.

@thideras, the caps with the gold stripe near the top PCI-E 1X slot and chipset look questionable.

(Uhh, eVGA!) (Looks like eVGA may have used cheap caps in some spots)

The caps I'm talking about are definitely not polymers.

@thideras, the caps with the gold stripe near the top PCI-E 1X slot and chipset look questionable.

(Uhh, eVGA!) (Looks like eVGA may have used cheap caps in some spots)

The caps I'm talking about are definitely not polymers.
The board doesn't even work. ;)

It doesn't have the heatsinks for the motherboard and a number of caps are completely missing.

Thanks! Just got one cable to go before the case is done, the HDD power cables. I can do one cable up the hard drive bays, but that would look bad if someone didn't have all the hard drive spots filled. I can do individual cables for each bay, but that takes up unnecessary space on the power supply and creates more mess.

Instead, I'm thinking of having a multi-part power cable; something I have not yet done. I'll probably start it later tonight.

post a pic for sure. i would love to see a multi power cable. this would be a multi sata? For my pc thats how i powered each dvd drive with a multi it looks nice the connectors go straight down. like having one cable with 3 heads lol

Got the case finished. With the hard drive cages (and the drives themselves) too close to use my idea, I settled for a 6 chain SATA power cable that uses the punch down style (instead of crimp). Gives it a nice clean look. Here are three drives that are spread out through the cages.

wgmt_hdd_cable_1.JPG

wgmt_hdd_cable_2.JPG

Looking really nice and clean :) Subbed.
Well, there isn't much left to do, besides upload the final photos!

finished_1.JPG

finished_2.JPG

finished_3.JPG

finished_4.JPG

finished_5.JPG

finished_6.JPG

That is the end of the project. Nothing else to do and I don't intend to keep the case. It is a great case, but I have no need for it.

Wow that looks nice :drool:

I have an antec 1200 and this was my first build so I didnt know too much about cable managment. What you have done just puts how bad my stock case is into perspective. I am going to have to do something like this soon, you have inspired me :thup:

No problem, let me know if you have any questions.

Back