• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

This is frustrating

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ottoaxel

Not much WUs coming my way. Guess I need to baby sit it and keep restarting until I get a work unit? Don't think so. I've hardly had anything for days, and I see a member on my coattails who's obviously been gettin tons of work units. Lady Luck has never loved me, I don't gamble for good reason.

Had been contemplating buying another card to up my production. On one hand, I'm glad I didn't, there's no work coming my way, it would just be idling. On the other, would it be better, as when the FAH gods sprinkle out some work I could grab twice as much.

Oh well, hope you guys are doing well, glad to see some of you are making good on the time with getting real life projects done. Me too. Yard has never looked better so early in the spring.

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

Hmm, I should add to that, not all the time has been productive. I noticed a while back that the kind of games I play (old ones) my 2070 never even blinks while folding and gaming. Well as the card was idling anyways I decided to finally see how far I could push Skyrim, like all those cool videos you see on the youtubes. Could I push the 2070 to its knees with 8k textures, enbs and the like? No I can't. It never skips a frame, this really is an awesome card. At least it seemed, while I was playing all of a sudden my frames went to crud, where they'd been stellar all day. What could've gone wrong? Oh wait.. let's check. Sure enough I had a WU. Maxed out Skyrim and Folding DON'T play well together, LOL

What choice did you make in preferences? I have mine set to all, and have a steady flow of WU's for three days or so...there are more than enough folks choosing Covid.

I didn't know that was an option now. I've still been intermittent but I don't have or take the time to refresh it as often.

My Preferences are set to all. I had never even thought to look at that, but luckily that's the default apparently.

Seems the squeaky wheel gets the WUs. Had a steady stream yesterday. Unfortunately, that hasn't kept up into today.

I'm in the same boat. For a few days I was getting WUs on all 3 GPUs in service. Today, only the lowest powered GPU in my server is getting work. Same with yesterday.

Back