• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

time for mass rmas-my experience so far

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

maxfly

well i finally have gotten around to sending back the faulty hardware thats accumulated over the last few months.here are the culprits along with who ill be contacting.
asrock dual775-vsta,newegg.
crucial ballistix ddr 500 4x256mb,crucial technologies.NO RECIEPT
enermax noisetaker 600(eg701ax),enermax.
i thought it might be helpful for those that may have to deal with these companies in the future.

first up is newegg.
well not much to say here lol.they rule!took a little bit to connect with a rep but the process was utterly pain free.asked for my order#.confirmed my name and address.i told them what the problem was(bad mb/no video output).they asked if i would like it replaced i said yes.waited a few minutes for them to issue a rma# and free shipping label and done(both were in my inbox within 5 mins of hanging up!).entire process including waiting for the rep to get on the line was maybe 10 mins.hows that for pain free?
UPDATE:15 days and counting,not happy.

next up is crucial.
contacted a cs rep within a few seconds...literally.asked what they could do for me.i explained that none of my 4 modules would pass test 5 of memtest86+ and that i had no reciept for them.rep assured me that having no reciept was no problem at all.cs rep asked for the bl# on the modules and asked how i would like to have these replaced after explaining the options they offered(crossship and wait for product).i chose wait for product and he asked me to hold.waited 3-4mins and he came back with the rma# and shipping address.total time for rma# was maybe 7-8 mins.i found the beginning rma process to be nearly as great as newegg.the only drawback was no free shipping label but thats just nit picking.

UPDATE:just recieved a email stating that they have recieved the memory and will process the rma as quickly as possible.very apologetic.so far so good :D
UPDATE:just recieved the memory yesterday.overall im very very impressed with the crucial rma process.
6 day turnaround.from rma # to the product being delivered.exellent support imho,fastest of the 3 rmas by a mile.

and finally enermax.
was a bit thrown off with the name of the company that picked up the phone(nothing enermax in the name?)asked them if they were the correct place.rep assured me they were the enermax rma dept.explained my problem(fans spin up for a quick second then nothing).rep explained that i needed to send them a copy of my reciept before they could do anything.got the email addy and thats where im at with this one.
ill update this when i get to the rma process.

UPDATE:right then!i emailed my reciept to the cs rep i spoke with at maxpoint(enermax rma dept).sent him the reciept via email.he responded by telling me that because the psu was purchased at svc.com that i would have to contact coolergiants and set up the rma thru them(apparently coolergiants is a subsidiary of enermax).SIGH this i wasnt very happy about.i told him where i bought it from the first time i spoke with him over the phone.SO i call coolergiants and talk to their cs rep(i say this because im not sure they have more than one).she sends me the pre-rma form and asks for the reciept when i send this back to her.so i do.i emailed it to her at around 5:30.at 7 i get a call from her asking me why i have a rma# written on my reciept.i explain to her that its the case# from my very first email contact with enermax cs.the one they issue you via email so that you can track the progress of your request.she has a little difficulty understanding what im talking about.so i very carefully explain again.this time she gets it.apparently the case#s and rma#s are very similiar.
she tells me she needs to take care of the case# thats on file so that it doesnt cause any problems with the rma.she will then issue a rma# along with rma instructions.around 8pm i recieve the email with the rma# and have the psu boxed up and ready to go.i will get it shipped outtomorrow and keep my fingers crossed that the rest of the process isnt quite as slow lol.i do have to give the coolergiant rep credit tho.she actually called me to take care of a potential problem which most companies wouldnt do.
so far its pretty obvious that the right hand doesnt know what the left is doing.i dont see this as a cs rep problem but a policy issue that needs to be dealt with from the top down.took nearly 2 1/2 days to get the process rolling...not impressed.

updates with turn around times etc once i get everything back to follow.

Last edited:
Yea newegg is good when it comes to that.

I am curious as to how you got three bad components from three different places?

The odds of that are slim to say the least.

actually they are very old components except for the asrock.all were purchased at varying times.the ballistix ive had for right around 4-5yrs.the enermax has been sitting in a box for a little over a year(3yr warranty so i was in no hurry).i believe i bought that 3/06/06.i usually just replace bad components and rma when i have time to get it done(hence the build up of bad parts).

Its always good to know which companies make it easy and which make it difficult so you can prepare yourself. Ive always heard good things about neweggs CS, and some people say its worth the few extra bucks they charge incase something does go wrong.

OCZ - I sent them an email asking for an RMA number for a broken PSU. We sent a couple emails back and forth containing information and invoice's and I had an RMA # within a day. I sent out the package to them and waited to hear back. About a week and a half later I received a brand new PSU (wrapped in plastic wrap around the retail box) to replace mine that had failed on me. I also noticed that I had received a +$14 through ZZF which covered my shipping charges that I paid to send them the damaged PSU! I didn't even ask for this, but I did include my ZZF invoice to them so they must have called them up and asked for them to issue a refund to my CC they had on file. Good feedback on this one.

Silverstone RMA- PSU had a dead fan on it after only a month and a high pitch frequency noise (known on the DA750's). After 3 days of transferring back and forth emails full of detail I had to basically hand write a .doc file with a copy of my invoice from frozencpu (more trouble) multiple times before they finally issued an RMA number. The PSU is very heavy and large so it cost almost $18 in shipping charges to mail to them. About 2 and a half weeks later I finally received a replacement of the newer revision (which supposedly doesn't have the frequency noise) but I haven't quite installed it yet.

Overall I like the quality of the Silverstone PSU better, but the service and RMA was slow and caveman-ish in ease. The RMA process of OCZ was much better and very high quality.

Just thought I would share my recent experiences.

thats some good info Vixro.ive always heard that ozc had really good cs but have never had a need to use it.interesting experience with silverstone tho.im a bit disappointed in them,being that they are lauded as one of the top psu manufacturers.you would think their cs would be on the ball.then again maybe thats why it isnt...?

nothing of significance to report so far.waiting to hear back from enermax after emailing the reciept to them.ill give them a jingle a little later today.
update:well it seems i have to reroute my emails to coolergiant.which is a US subsidiary of enermax.sooo contacted coolergiant.recieved a pre rma form to fill out and send back to them along with a very wierd file with a picture of a enermax logo and a bunch of random pics?dont know what to make of that.so i will be resending my reciept to them along with the rma form tonight and ill see what happens from there...

Last edited:
UPDATE
straight from the email i just recieved!

Great news! Your Crucial memory order is packaged and ready to ship by UPS Domestic P3 - 3 Day. To check on the status of your shipment, click on the link below. You must reference your order number when checking on the status of your shipment.

3 days to ship the new modules,very impressed!

crucial delivered the new memory yesterday!
updated first post.

still no word from newegg,mb has been at step 1 of the rma process all week.ups tracking # says its been there since last friday!

Looks like top memory companies are awesome. I've done RMAs with GSkill and Corsair with simplicity and success.

Newegg Roxxors.
Had to RMA a X1650XT. No longer in stock. Offered me a different brand or a refund..... Getting X2600XT instead under the RMA. They Roxxors!

^^^very nice Maelstrom!
unfortunately im still waiting for newegg to get their act together.mb has been there since the 6th.its now at step 3 but ive no idea whats going on as it hasnt shipped...
ill give them a call tomorrow and see whats going on.

well they emailed me stating that the mb was no longer being carried.im not sure what ill be offered...so now im waiting for them to email me once again.
its been 15 days since they recieved the mb.of course the one component of the three that i actually need!

i hate to say it but im honestly losing my patience with them!

well they emailed me stating that the mb was no longer being carried.im not sure what ill be offered...so now im waiting for them to email me once again.
its been 15 days since they recieved the mb.of course the one component of the three that i actually need!

i hate to say it but im honestly losing my patience with them!

Call them! This is obviously out of character for Newegg, so it could be that it somehow slipped through the cracks. Don't suffer in silence.

good point Aktunka.i will do exactly that.i still havent found out what mb they will be replacing it with!grrr

ok this is where i stand now.
crucial was totally painfree.A+ for them.i couldnt ask for a better experience.
enermax(coolergiant)B+ here.the beginning of the rma process is a tad mixed up.once it was started it went very very smooth.
newegg was the worst ive ever dealt with from them.a solid F here(i cant believe im saying that about them!).after emailing them 3 or 4 times i finally have a replacement on its way.considering the mb arrived at their rma site on the 6th and its now the 25th...i dont like being the one that slips thru the cracks lol!

More initiative yields quicker results so don't expect the greatest response times in emailing no matter who it is. I don't think an F is fair at all. To me, an F would warrant a business debating with you about the return, charging you more money or an EXCESSIVE amount of time going by. (less than 3 weeks is not excessive to me)

Last edited:
Back