• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Time to upgrade my F1 Dark

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MaddMutt

I've had my KP F1 Dark Pot for sometime now and I'm having problems :(
I purchased the AsRock z170 CF board for the Team Cup. I was only able to bench it one time :( The BACK mounting plate does not properly fit the hole pattern on the 1151 Socket. I did not bench/mount it again as I was afraid of breaking the motherboard. If you look at my pic's of the i3-6320, I did not have the screws on tight. I know that breaking the motherboard is now possible from a failed Water Cooling Experiment (was using many parts from several different makers). I somehow damaged my R5E that I bought from Jiccman. One of the memory channels causes a bd error code. In the BIOS it is seen and all info is given but the board will not boot with a memory stick in the slot..........
Any WAS>>> BACK to may original question. Do I need to buy a new KP CPU pot?? This will give me the opportunity later to bench the x299 and other Intel boards. I have been fortunate on the AM4 side as the CHVI-H has mounting holes for AM3+ and AM4 coolers.
Do I need to just pick up a new hold down setup?? Is this something that I need to contact KP about and ask for assistance?? Do I need to save and buy the NEW KP Pot so that I can later bench the 1920/29xx cpu's??
At the Benching Party F_S had a KP back plate heater that he used while he was there. (x299 board???)
I want to get my z170 board in the fight with my i7-6700k and later with either a i7-7700k or i7-8700k.

Thank You For Your Time And Assistance :)

I would contact KPC as they are usually helpful and you probably get good advice quick.
I wouldn't change the pot itself. Pots usually last for a long time and are good for all platforms. I have some 2nd hand pot which works good on everything new and I have it for maybe 7 years now.
Mounting and contact is really important but these heavy pots make good pressure from the weight itself. I have no idea where exactly is the problem but I would check mounting kit or just contact KPC to get a new one if there is some clear issue with yours.

Actually I'm thinking to bench 8086K on dice soon (there is no LN2 in sale in my area and I have no dewar anyway). Today I'm testing some things on water with new mobo and later I will decide if it's worth to get dice or not. I don't really want to push it to the limits knowing I will get barely better results than I already have and I have somehow limited time for benching.

Back