• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Time to upgrade

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hibbmtfc

Registered
So all i have atm is a low budget CPU cooler spire 12v[see below]and was looking for recommendations,cheers :)

SP805S3-1.jpg

So all i have atm is a low budget CPU cooler spire 12v[see below]and was looking for recommendations,cheers :)

You need to be much more specific. It's like asking "how long is a piece of string?".

We don't know what kind of hardware you have, we don't know if you're planning to overclock it, we don't know what you're going to use the hardware for etc.

CPU Type QuadCore Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, 1815 MHz (9 x 202)
=================================================
Memory Speed DDR2-800 (400 MHz)
===========================
Motherboard ID 63-0100-009999-00101111-020110-Bearlake$G31CM201_G31-M7 TE (G31CM201 BF) BIOS DATE: 02/01/10
================================================== ==============
Power supply ATX-500,500w
=====================
Im planning to overclock and just for general games

Any help you could give me here http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6913852#post6913852 would be great,thanks :)

The Thermalright Venomous X is one of the best air coolers you can get. They're reasonably well priced, and my one does a great job of keeping my i7 cool. They also work on socket 1366/1155/1156 setups as well so you can put it onto your next Intel build (provided Intel doesn't change the mounting system).

The only thing I don't like about mine is that the fan mounts are rather poorly designed, but it still does the job quite well.

If your budget doesn't allow for one of these, then have a look at the Cooler Master 212+. They're not as good as a high end air cooler, but they are quite cheap and should do a decent job of keeping it cool.

Another cooler worth looking at is the Prolimatech Megahalems or Super Mega.

This is not an exhaustive list of all the best air coolers, but it will at least give you some idea what to look for.

The venomous x does look chunky,just wondering if it'll fit ok in my xblade case e.g still allow me to close the side.Shouldnt it have a fan?

The Venomous X should fit in any ATX case, provided you only have 2 sticks of RAM, or up to 4 sticks if they're low profile modules.

You will need a 120mm fan. Thermalright doesn't supply a fan with the Venomous X.

Back