• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

to atminside and site admins

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.

prescient

i really think atminside should do some reading before posting and should\
not run away with admin cover and thread lock ok ? i shall see so that this thread should not be locked .

Prime95 will be fine on a stock cooler at stock speeds.

https://www.google.com.eg/#q=i7+4770k+prime95+on+stock+fan&spell=1

nop . only a simple google phrase showed you are wrong .

i dont like the idea of using prime 95 on stock fan as i still didnt
install a water cooler .

i know better than you .

The stock cooler is meant to keep the CPU under 105°C, which it did.
It'll throttle back and/or go into thermal shutdown before hurting the chip.

that you should have said before you advised

You're obviously either not reading or not comprehending what I am saying.
Have fun thinking I killed your chip when I didn't. I'm out.

that is you who is doing this .

You're being horribly dramatic here, especially when you say someone (other than yourself) should be responsible for your $2,000 PC because YOU ran a benchmark that heated your CPU. Maybe they assumed there was more knowledge here than they should have, but that's not something they, nor OCF is liable for.

not true , i have more knowledge than him i kept telling him and my self
its not right . i just knew it . but he made me do it . by insisting .
am not blaming him or came to flame but he was wrong .
and if you guys kept saying his not and my heat sink is not fixed
you are wrong also read the link above and i checked my fan its well fixed .

Prime95 should be fine on stock speeds with the stock cooler, yes. There are I would double check the stock cooler is mounted properly. Try pressing down FIRMLY on it and see if the temps drop...
He DOES know...Again he said nothing wrong.

not true and my heat sink is fine and he is wrong .
and if this thread did not prove this then i will be glad not to bother
you guys again . i googled and went asking in other places .
there is no such thing you said
i7 4770k on stock fan + prime 95 = 105c thermal log .
there is no point locking or deleting this thread . its a dispute
either his wrong or i am . if he is wrong and he is and he made me .
then a simple win in this dispute is enough for me to settle this .
a no and a thread lock or ban or am out of this issues or attacks on my
personality would be considered a defeat from my side and will voluntarily
ask the admin to delete my account .

whining like a little baby isn't going to unbreak

its not like that man ? i used to run ultra marathons 2 years ago
now i am as good as 70 yo man i sit all day by this machine i used
my 83 yo mother life savings to buy this machine to play star citizen
and fight with the depression. there was no need to put me in such fear .
i will ask the help of other members to win this thread agaisnt atminside

you are being incredibly rude
ou are in a sad state if you are going to trust that and not us

i wasnt rude or said anything personal like you all did and i said facts and
his not one of you . admins or advanced user . his just a ranked user
and made a clear mistake i wait for a verdict . peace , justice and beauty

:comp:

I accidentally set my Vcore way to high once and got temps up to 100C. It throttled down and saved the chip. Is your computer still running fine? I'm assuming it didn't kill it. If it didn't, then there was no damage done to your computer. That just shows that the stock cooler is a piece of crap which is exactly why I never put mine on in the first place. If you weren't overclocking or running extremely high Vcore it will be fine for it to hit 100C and throttle down. I wouldn't suggest doing it for long periods of time, but the CPU will save itself from it's own heat if it has to.

aldak ... any heat sink can break suddenly . or the fan could just stop spinning .
the cpu wont burn .the other day i was checking ez mode in my rog mb bios and i tested performance tab without knowing its gonna oc the cpu to 5ghz but it did and temp did rise . i ocied my E8500 to 4 ghz on stock fan and it did shot down few times .

the topic is

Is your computer still running fine? I'm assuming it didn't kill it. If it didn't, then there was no damage done to your computer.

for mister atminside . did i have to go through that experience at a nice and quite
summer night ? when i was sinning and cheering at star citizen chatting box?
asking my self is it dead or not ? is that your level of advice here on over clockers ?
you want me to read for you those threads at google ? huh ? then you refuse to learn?
and threat to continue using prime95 on stock fan for this cpu ?
you are a killer web :salute:

I accidentally set my Vcore way to high once and got temps up to 100C

good so i didnt come and tell you to do it .

I honestly fail to see the issue here.

Prime on a non-overclocked CPU with a stock heat sink is fine. If there is a heatsink mount problem and the CPU overheats it will throttle and shut down.

I don't really see how your google link supports your position. From what I saw they were mostly talking about faulty Heatsink mounts and not overclocking on a stock heatsink.

I read the other thread and don't see any faulty advice.

You not feeling comfortable with your CPU over 85 degrees doesn't have anything to do with how throttling works.:shrug:

I would suggest taking a step back and rereading the other thread. Everyone there went out of their way to stay civil and help.

We will continue to help if you wish. :thup:

*edited for clarity and spelling

Last edited:
yes well i spend this morning watching the heat sing at close and guess what .
its rock solid on that cpu . not an inch far . and the front page at google is not the only
one . continue reading . i did not manage to google what you said .
face the truth . i wrote
i7 4770k prime95 on stock fan

and those users have normal fixed heat sinks . continue to help overclockers.
admit you are wrong . and stop testing this cpu on stock fan on prime 95
and if you continue doing that . i will not sit and watch .
i dont want to flame boards but i asked at other known community and they laughed at you . i was just at star citizen chat and i told them i7 4770k on prime95
i mean guys just freaked out . going through this topic is a way of helping .
i7 quade cores on stock fans + prime 95 = 105c
that is our finding . testing on the spirit crusher and if you are to ignore it and continue your dr fanakat kamikaze tests
on other good 4970k chips then be my guests . am off to guru 3 d

here is your issue . that guy is wrong and guys supported him and i won .

i7 quade cores on stock fans + prime 95

hummm i dont think so .. and my heat sink is fine thank you . stop drop and roll :mad:

Last edited:
Going to a gaming site for computer advice is a bad idea.

I am a member at iRacing. The hardware forums give terrible advice.

I am not saying that your heatsink is installed incorrectly.

I will say it one more time.

There is nothing wrong with running prime on a non-overclocked CPU with a stock heatsink.

Trust us, Prime95 is fine on a stock CPU and stock heatsink. The stock heatsink is designed to keep the CPU within operating specs at stock speeds under full load. All Prime95 does is put the CPU under 100% load, which means it's not going to somehow generate more heat than the heatsink is capable of dissipating.

That said, I do admit there could be problems. The heatsink could be mounted wrong. There could be a wire stuck in the fan prohibiting it from spinning. There could be a problem with the case fans or no case fans or just a plain old poorly designed case, allowing case temps to rise. All will cause Prime95 to push the CPU out of its rated temp range, but that is not the fault of the program.

Reading your opening thread, I don't see where ATMINSIDE gave bad advice, and if you have a problem with him, creating a thread about it is not the way to go about it.

not with him and its not a problem .

There is nothing wrong with running prime on a non-overclocked CPU with a stock heatsink.
Prime95 is fine on a stock CPU and stock heatsink.

i tested prime 95 on the e8500 for hours . at 4 ghz 1.26 v nothing was over 75c

not true for the 47xx are high on temp and should work only on water cooling
this is what is the thread is all about . and for the final time my heat sink is in place come and check it .

and i am a member in guru 3d over clock dot net tech power up
toms hardware pc mech

. admins or advanced user . his just a ranked user

No those people in BLUE are premium members. You have to pay moneys to be part of that click and see the little section of the forum which is private to this premium membership.

I thought about paying and being a premium member.... but those guys need their little space away from the likes of a person such as myself.

They do have more tenure than you do, so you kinda have to put a little respect into their pockets.

Most of the time, they are trying to help and mean no harm. And sometimes just like any human, they are right and your wrong or visa versa and sometimes it never gets solved.

Hopefully In before thread closed -

Show me one reputable link that backs you up.

None of the link that you have posted in this thread support your position. You said some random guy on a game site said it was a bad idea.

You are not the first person to be given this advice and the way to checking stability.

All that prime does is induce a full load on your CPU. Intel designs your CPU and stock heatsink to run at those levels.

If you are planning to overclock, that is a different story. We will always tell you to go with an aftermarket cooler if that is your plan.

No those people in BLUE are premium members. You have to pay moneys to be part of that click and see the little section of the forum which is private to this premium membership.

Being a 'Senior Member' (Blue) has nothing to do with paying. That is a position that is given on merit.

Blue = Senior
Green = Mod

If you pay the membership fee you get a badge under your name.
See freakdiablos' avatar above.

+1 - If you can find something more solid than random forum posts, I will admit you're right in that Prime95 should not be used on the new i7s. Until then, I stand by my original statement, there is nothing wrong with Prime95 and the cause lies elsewhere.

Being a 'Senior Member' (Blue) has nothing to do with paying. That is a position that is given on merit.

Blue = Senior
Green = Mod

If you pay the membership fee you get a badge under your name.
See freakdiablos' avatar above.

Chat:
Get access to real-time chat with other Overclockers members
Ad-Free Forum:
While logged in as a Premium Member, you can turn display advertising on or off.
Premium Member Section:
Premium members get their own private discussion area within the forum.
Premium Member Badge:
Stand out from the crowd and show your Overclockers support! You’ll get a special Premium Member badge to display below your username.
Huge Private Message Inbox:
Store up to 6,000 private messages.

That's what I read in that advertisement. :shrug:

I don't have 40$ to do the EXACT same thing only un-hidden. Nothing to hide like this guy. Freedom of speech, he just needs to try and be polite as possible.

To pay for your subscription, please click the order button next to your preferred payment method and follow the instructions on the following page.
Subscription: Premium Membership
Duration: 1 Year
Cost: US$39.95
Order Using PayPal
To pay for your subscription using PayPal click the button below and follow the onscreen instructions.

Uhg I can get a new FX quad core for this price.

No those people in BLUE are premium members

so i got molested by the men in blue . well why you didnt say this . common mister blue
burn my machine too .
And sometimes just like any human, they are right and your wrong or visa versa and sometimes it never gets solved.

lol so they are human SETI . yes his wrong . just say it . and lets move on . learning our lesson
say am wrong and i move on from here . learning my lesson

ill show you a link

the spirit crusher

Capture.png

now be aware freakdiablo

Yea I didn't read the locked thread. You have no support from me there lol.

I also have learnt the difference between premium, admin and long time members! Yay go me!!

Over clocking is AT YOUR OWN RISK! Read the mobo manual, it says so right inside.

Every overclocker forum states that overclocking is at your own risk.

One would assume that benchmarking and STRESS testing the computer could also be risky.

These guys don't know if you static gaurd yourself. There's a million reasons PCs die every day.

My own brother went through a couple of Power supplies before finding out the house had bad grounds on an exterior wall. Sometimes, that's all it takes.

Can't blame people that are no where near your PC.

You can take advice and make a CHOICE to use the advice or do more research on it.

I see your just venting your anger, and I like that. But just be careful what you say. No need to get kicked out for nothing anybody here can't control.

You are clueless pres.

I am in the middle of a softball tournament and locking this thread until someone else can clean this crap up...

Stop running your mouth about atm. As I said in pm, he did no wrong.

ENOUGH.

Prescient,

You need to take some responsibility on yourself and not have everyone here hold your hand. If you carry
this on to another thread you're in for a long vacation. We are all tired of your whining, complaining
and finger pointing.

Prescient, I locked the original thread that caused this one because you were not listening to what anyone was saying, regardless of how they explained it, and were creating unnecessary drama. You thought the correct response was to try and call out one of the people that was helping you? You are doing the equivalent of a four year old in a restaurant screaming at the top of their lungs, while patrons glare at them and while their parents try to get them to stop.

If you are going to help, be open to suggestions and ideas, even if they conflict with your own. That isn't to say you need to accept every suggestion, but instead consider why it was suggested and see if it helps you. I want you to go back and re-read your other thread. Suggestions were given that didn't damage anything, you saw a high temperature, and you proceeded to throw a temper tantrum in the thread.

Stop creating drama.

EDIT: To clear up some confusion I saw from other members in the thread. Senior members are nominated by anyone and voted on by moderators/administrators. They are not premium members, which is completely different. Senior members are promoted for their knowledge and how they conduct themselves. Moderators are promoted the same way.

Last edited:
For those interested, in order to become a senior member, the only criterion is to help others and conduct yourself without malice. All the members who have been recognized as senior members have met (and exceeded) this metric. :)

You know guys, this may be an online forum, but it never hurts to show a bit of understanding and civility to your fellow members. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back