• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tridentz RGB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Daddyjaxx

Has anyone ever hear of it working correctly with board that are also RGB? This is on a Maximus IX Formula. Forget the GSkill software. It doesn't work with the board RGB at all. Asus Aurora works for most things, but not a static color....unless you set it to temperature. It then has the RAM and motherboard in synch at green and yellow. I haven't tried to heat it up enough for red. I think that's >60. I know it's still beta software, but static is the easiest one. I should try it in my Rampage V. The RGB is set in the BIOS and not Windows.

It still looks kind of neat.

I wouldn't use Asus Aura or G.Skill RGB SW. Recently a lot of reports by owners where corruption on SPD of RGB RAM occurs. The SW accesses the SPD (ie writes to it). The SW does not use the correct method of "comms" when other applications maybe in use ie CPU-Z, HWiNFO, etc, leading to corruption. Author of Thaiphoon Burner, post.

Back