• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Trying to o/c my pc

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Beginner said:
I'll buy one since the cost is very little.

In an earlier post you mentioned about picking up an ATI Radeon 9600 video card. Whats the difference between 128mb, 256mb(I know more memory but can you tell the difference?) All in Wonder, SE, PRO and XT?

I did a search and all I found about video cards and what I found was information on flashing 9800's into XT's. Can this be done to the 9600's as well? I'm being offered a 9800se for $80, can this be flashed into an XT, the thread didn't have (se) in it or mention it can be doene to 9600's, I assuming se is the low performance model?

Thanks AMD_Junk13 :)

me to this is my first w/c & o/c comp

Beginner said:
I have yet to check out the intel forum on their processors. From the little I've read it seems that they are harder to work with. My brother wants a p4 based o/c pc. I'll start reading on it.

Thanks for the post :)
i just like asus mb,p-4`s prescott`s ,,i live in prescott az to

:p

Beginner said:
Also, do you know of any mods I can do to the socket, or anything on wiring the jumper settings? In a few threads people used wire mods to adjust their fsb and multiplier? Is this possible with my A7V-VM mobo?
Thanks,

Yes there is a web page just for wire mods it is http://ocinside.de/index_e.html just click on the work shop chip on the lefrt hand side and pick youre cpu and the fsb , multi , vcore you want and it will give you a pic of where you should put the wires.
That is how i got my mobile chips in my first rig in my sig to fun that fast

hope this helps

rpkole

Rpkole said:
Yes there is a web page just for wire mods it is http://ocinside.de/index_e.html just click on the work shop chip on the lefrt hand side and pick youre cpu and the fsb , multi , vcore you want and it will give you a pic of where you should put the wires.
That is how i got my mobile chips in my first rig in my sig to fun that fast

hope this helps

rpkole

Thanks, I'll start reading :beer:

Back