• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Trying to OC FX6300 to 4.3GHz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jimmymambo

Hi guys, I'm a noob when it comes to overclocking. I've read some guide to overclock quite a bit before posting on this forum so please bear with me :p

My FX 6300 currently running at 4.3 GHz at 1.38 CPU Manual Voltage and I've done some settings in the BIOS that could hinder the overclocking process LLC disable. Right now the temps are below 60c while doing both p95 for 1hour and Aida64 for 15 minutes. The voltage is stable at 1.302 ish and everything else works fine so far. What should I do at this point? Should I be worried of my Motherrboard VRAM since alot of people seems to be concerned about it when overclocking or should I just continue with stress testing. What's the best stress testing software for overclocking Thanks

This is my PC Specs:
FX 6300
Hyper212+ cooler
Asus M5A97 R2.0
2x 4GB HyperX Fury 1600MHz
GTX 970
Corsair CX500 PSU

LLC is usually on when overclocking. Any reason you disabled it? What do you mean motherboard "vram"? Vram is video card memory. Do you mean voltage regulator modules? The best stress testing tool or at least most widely used seems to be Prime95.

Set 4Ghz at stock voltage and LLC set to high.
See if you can run Prime95 blend without any bluescreens or Prime95 failing.

If so, increase the overclock by 100Mhz to 4.1Ghz and try again. Keep doing this until you bluescreen or prime95 fails. Then go bump the Vcore up by one notch and test again.

Watch the package temps, no higher than ~65C and the motherboard temps should be below ~72C.
When you hit those temps or go over 1.55Vcore, that will be your highest overclock :)

Can you get us a screenshot of Prime95 running and Hwmonitor (NOT pro version)?

Last edited:
That motherboard is only a 4 phase power board. I have my doubts whether it will support much more than what OP is already throwing at it.

LLC is usually on when overclocking. Any reason you disabled it? What do you mean motherboard "vram"? Vram is video card memory. Do you mean voltage regulator modules? The best stress testing tool or at least most widely used seems to be Prime95.

I've watched some youtuber on how to overclock this particular CPU and he said that theres no difference accept for giving it a little boost or something among those line. Should I really be enable it?

Set 4Ghz at stock voltage and LLC set to high.
See if you can run Prime95 blend without any bluescreens or Prime95 failing.

If so, increase the overclock by 100Mhz to 4.1Ghz and try again. Keep doing this until you bluescreen or prime95 fails. Then go bump the Vcore up by one notch and test again.

Watch the package temps, no higher than ~65C and the motherboard temps should be below ~72C.
When you hit those temps or go over 1.55Vcore, that will be your highest overclock :)

Can you get us a screenshot of Prime95 running and Hwmonitor (NOT pro version)?

Here is the screenshot of HWMonitor while Prime95 is running on the background:
mg9UkZs.png

I've watched some youtuber on how to overclock this particular CPU and he said that theres no difference accept for giving it a little boost or something among those line. Should I really be enable it?

Here is the screenshot of HWMonitor while Prime95 is running on the background:
View attachment 164859

You want LLC on when overclocking. It compensates for droops in voltage. When you get vdroop you get dips in your multiplier. If you look at the screenshot about you see three distinct numbers. If you have the multi set at a number, say 20 and the power saving features are off you should see no dips or spikes. 4 GHz across the three- value, min and max. What was your multi set at? The only things that should be disabled are the power saving settings and turbo core.

I see. I'll try turning on LLC and what's a multi? Is it multipliers?

Yep.

Looks like you have some power saving features on like C6, Cool 'n Quiet etc.
Like trents said though, your motherboard won't be one to get you up to 4.7Ghz or anything...

You want LLC on when overclocking. It compensates for droops in voltage. When you get vdroop you get dips in your multiplier. If you look at the screenshot about you see three distinct numbers. If you have the multi set at a number, say 20 and the power saving features are off you should see no dips or spikes. 4 GHz across the three- value, min and max. What was your multi set at? The only things that should be disabled are the power saving settings and turbo core.

So here's what it looks like after enabling CPU LLC and CPU/NB LLC nothings change just enabling the LLC for both CPU and CPU/NB:
MWMOLLCON.png

Yep.

Looks like you have some power saving features on like C6, Cool 'n Quiet etc.
Like trents said though, your motherboard won't be one to get you up to 4.7Ghz or anything...

4.7 is kinda overkill for me xD

Wow that jump in temps. Put it back the way it was if it was stable. No need for over current if your not having any problems. Solely this is my opinion.

Wow that jump in temps. Put it back the way it was if it was stable. No need for over current if your not having any problems. Solely this is my opinion.

I'm surprised about it too actually. So I'd probably just disable LLC. Btw I've passed 5 runs in IBT with LLC disable should that be enough to determine whether if its a stable clock?

Much better voltages, but you've hit the thermal wall now. 66C is a bit too high for daily use.
See if you can lower the Vcore by one notch and still be stable.

EDIT: Leave LLC on, just lower the Vcore.
Vdroop will make overclocking harder than it has to be.

Back