• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tualeron 1.0A and GA6OXET-C are together....not too good

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
People here were raving about it. If I bought a TUSL2 or ST6, I'm sure things would be somewhat better. Even if the chip was a dud, I was able to get it to 1.33 with some voltage, but the hanging and not being able to shutdown killed it.

Strictly ASUS or ABIT from now on <hugs his CUSL2 and BH6>

LOL I know...every one I asked said Gigabyte and I raised an eyebrow...

Abit and Asus for me too form now on. I got to quit going with the "poke and hope" and start buying what I know has been good in the past.

I don't know what I want to do to tell the truth. I can't stop thinking about geting a 1.2 and going for 1600 The chip is easier to find by far. I can't find a 1.1 anywhere. After the computer show if I come up empty handed with the 1.1 chip I may just go for the 1.2 chip. Dude I don't know...its 11:30 at night...Still up in the air on what I want to do. I might end up saving my money and buying a small goat farm :eek:

This is the 2nd time its happened to me. I was going to get an ASUS P3B-F. A bunch of forum people convinced me to get an MSI BX-Master. What a POS. I RMA'd it and got a P3B-F. Was much better. I still wonder what this 1.0A could do on a different mobo.

Well.....if I were rich. LMAO I'd tell you.

Just can't talk my self into a cpu yet....but i'm looking for a abit st6 on price watch right now about 85 bucks.

CPU I still don't know.. I want to get a board and test out my PIII 733 on it to see what my hardware can do and how far I can OC that chip before I get a new chip. Don't know if I want to wait for the comptuer show to see if I can find a abit st6 there or if I should just order one and have it by next weekend. Mmmmmmm Got to sleep on it.

oldfart that's a real "bite"(no pun intended)....... I don't know
what to think now.....maybe I'll try the 60XET-C anyway. who
knows?.....the goat farm sounds good to

the only differnce with the -C is it has fewer RAM slots...and I don't think that board has the dip switches for the voltage settings. You'd have to solder your own dip switches onto the board !!! not cool...

GO for the goat farm !!!

Several places have the abit st6 $85 I'm waiting for the computer show to see if I can get one there.

I'm also waiting for the computer show to find a Phillipini made 1.1 celeron

Goat farm goat farm baaaaaaa overclock electrical fencing mmmmmmm :beer:

somewhere I read 6OXET-C is not for overclcokers as a dip switch, among others, for setting Vcore (or FSB?) is missing, comparing with 60XET

The -C is the one I have. Its is missing AGP and Ram over voltage switches, but they are available in the BIOS. It also has 3 DIMM instead of 4 and no Creative Audio.

Yeah but at 133+fsb it would at least have the 1/4 divider. It sounds like maybe the GA-60XET does not really have the 1/4 divider for these chips. I know one who has the 1.0A and it hits 1.4GHz on default vcore. I think the chip is on a ST6 though

I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt the Gigabyte GA-60XET has 1/4 pci dividers....And more....That is what the pll-16 setting is that Oldfart is describing....You can 'select' dividers.

I have recently been aware of a problem with 'resetting only' on the GA-60XET mobo, a problem which my mobo displays 'from time to time'....But it has been nowhere as bad as Oldfart has described and I have NEVER had a problem shutting down and neither has the numerous other users of the board that I have spoken to....

As I posted before....If it is a bios fault then wirewrapping the vid pins may solve it (which you will have to do if you go down the ST-6 path anyway)....Otherwise it is still very possible that the chip is on the edge due to the fact Intel may be using these lower spec Tualatins to rid themselves of bad yeilds....It DOES happen....

No it dosen't have dip switches for the core voltage....Come to think of it....I have 'never' seen a mobo with dip switches for adjustment of the core voltage....

Not recently anyway....

I understand about the CPU (I did only pay for 1 GHz)! But all the oddness with the mobo! I could reproduce every problem 100% of the time.

100 - 103 restart and shutdown Ok
112 restart OK, shutdown = restart
??? - 133 and above, lockup when restart.
Change freq setting in BIOS, lockup when restart also.

I also tried a bunch of other speeds with the same results. I would change nothing but the freq setting. No way that is a CPU issue.

Again, I could get the thing stable at a higher speed (with some Vcore), but the other problems made it so much worse.

Like I said....Now and then when exiting the bios or resetting Windows (mabye 1 out of 10 times....Not too sure, don't reset too much) my system hangs resetting (usually I just hold in the power switch and shutdown). But I have to emphisize that I have NEVER had any trouble at all shutting down....never, and neither has anyone else I have spoken to in reference to this mobo - And this is the second chip I have overclocked on this board....The first one (P3 1000EB @ 150 mhz FSB) ALWAYS reset just fine (I thought it may have been an issue with the Tualatin chips and my bios)....

I have also never had a problem with stability on this mobo....

I have a funny feeling this board may have the same problem as the CUSL2 and, apparently when overclocking on the edge and adjusting the voltage via the bios, the TUSL2 series of mobos whereby the voltage is set as 'default' on reset or boot and changes once the bios is initalized....Causing instability on chips that are on the edge....ASUS labeled this a 'feature problem' and never fixed it as far as I know....

Like I said before....Vid pinning should rectify the problem....Try it and see how you go!

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about your probs there Oldfart.

I been down the last day or 2 slamming my system together,
getting win98 and everything reinstalled ect.

Got the XET-c with that F9c bios Olman posted.
2x256mb of Kingmax pc150 sdram and the 1.26 Tualatin(133)

After getting things going, I havent noticed any problems
with reboots.

I havent even had to use the CMOS reset jumpers yet.

A couple of times I set the ram timings too fast in combo
with a FSB over 152 or so, but the bios just reset the
memory settings back to defaults when it failed to boot.
(Just like it supposed to....)

Had it running at 158fsb,(1501mhz) with cas3 memory
settings for a while with no problems. Still at default voltage.
cpu temps at 15c according to the utility that came on my CD.

The only thing I havent been able to make work yet, that
I was hoping I could do with this thing, is set the memory
base at 100, then go for FSB's up over 165 or so.

Every time I try to get this memory to start there, it resets
back to defaults. 1 time on the post screen I saw it showing
125 or something as the ram speed, but then it locked up.

Please dont tell me I need to get some PC100 ram in order
to overclock this thing to way high fsb's.....:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I'm not going to give up. I got some OCZ and crucial stuff also
I can try.

I glad yours worked out well for you. Mine seemed OK with the CuMine CPU (although I didn't have it in long). Totally unusable unless no overclocking at all with the Tualatin for me. Someone PM'd me saying he also has restart problems. The board definitely has some issues in that area, they just hit me harder than others for some reason.

Still at default voltage.

This makes sence....If the chip is on the edge and requires stacks of juice to keep it stable, and the board is setting voltages back to default 'right on' restart or shutdown and then bumping the juice back up once the bios is initalized it would cause instability upon using restart or....possibly, shutdown....

My P3 1000EB would do 150 mhz FSB at default voltage and so does yours oldfart....And no probs there either....

Vid pinning should rectify the problem....And you will have to vid pin on the St-6 anyway....

....My chip must be stable enough to avoid this problem....

That makes sense. It would explain a lot. So I would pin it to say 1.6?? Then it would always be @ that voltage?

Does TUSL2 need pinning also?

Someone one another overclocking forum has discovered the exact same problem adjusting voltages using the bios on the TUSL2-C....So I would say yes, especially considering that it was a big thing on the CUSL2-C (used to hear of it all the time!).

Yes, your voltages would be 1.6 volts right on startup....

You could almost say the problem isn't present on the St-6 because using that board you vid pin anyway! (Not knocking the board as it is a very nice board!).

Hope i'm helping!

Yes, I've heard of the "cold start" problem. I have a "warm start" problem. Bleh...Tired of thinking about it. What would you say would be the max Vcore you would want to run on a Tually?

Well....I'm hesitant to run higher than 1.65 volts....But I know ol'man would just pump it right up to 1.825 volts....He's cool but man he's crazy! 1.6 volts should be a good starting point.

Back