• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tualeron 1.0A and GA6OXET-C are together....not too good

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
hey guys:) first of all, i still have no idea where does this celeron 1.0~1a chip coming from, for i did a quick search on it without anything--maybe i am out of date..:D Anyway, my XET-C will arrive on monday, and PIII1.26 next week or so, by then i should have all the proper tools to make all sort of things on those two suckers. sorry to hear that GA's boards have such major defect, hope the one i get won't like that, not too seriou at least. i will let u guys informed how my combo doing. by the way, Muddoctor has XET-C and 1.26, so maybe it is good to ask him, see if he has such a problem or not.

Like I may have said earlier, I doubt very low yield .13u chips were used.

I know for a fact that some other mobo's do not allow you to run 1/4 dividers if the chip itself is a default 100fsb chip. I think the .13u tuleron's have a pin you can cover to get it to run a default of 133fsb though as I have said. I have seen one hit 1400MHz with a 1.0A on the ST6 at default vcore. I doubt the problem is the chip folks! I still think the 1/4 dividers do not work for some reason! That is the only problem I can see right now!

I had another thought about olfarts problem.

One issue I did have when putting this thing together was
getting the ram dimms seated properly.
(I have done this hundreds if not thousands of times over
the last 18 years or so...Was a network admin last 10 years)

I thought I had them in OK at first. BIOS saw it all and the
windows install began correctly, but at the point where it
gets done copying and tried to load the GUI, I kept getting
windows protection errors. After a couple of trys, I decided
to check if the ram was in OK. Seemed right, but I yanked
them and reseated them anyway.

The windows install now completed. But still not OK.
Prime95 got some errors the first time I ran it. (All this at 133fsb)
So I booted my docmem ramtester program, and sure
enough it found errors.

I reseated the ram a third time, pushing real hard, and checked
the tester again. Tested OK. After that, all was ok with
windows, prime95 and whatnot, so I started the overclocking
fun.

Guess it is too late for you, but somebody else getting that
board might want to double check it.

They in good now. Passed the simmtester program at 164fsb
at cas3. (Prime95 didnt like that though....)

Re: the voltage.

The motherboard is NOT setting it back to default. If I do change
it, it changes correctly, but since it doesnt seem to need more
voltage at any of the speeds I have tried yet, why bump it up ?

I think you will like the combo Tanice, unless you get a lemon
like olfart did.....

You won't be able to see that the mobo is setting the voltage back to default....It is doing it 'before' the inital post screen....Right at reset or startup, the inital post screen is where the voltages are actually set to the spec you specify....

Like I may have said earlier, I doubt very low yield .13u chips were used.

And, like I said earlier....The GA-60XET 1/4 pci divider works a treat....Just as well as the st-6. There is absolutly no evidence that 1/4 pci dividers are causing this fault! I say this because I HAD no 1/4 pci divider before this latest bios....I know how the board reacts to high pci speeds firsthand!

I may be wrong but I am quite sure vidpinning the chip will do the trick!

And to repeat....My GA-60XET is working a treat!

F!uid, enough with your GB GA 60XET board bragging. Don't you realize by now that this board is troublesome?? It's still new and not well developed in compatibility wise, which is pathetic. Not being able to run 1.0A- 1.1A chips with this is a shame. The board itself isn't stable, trouble shutting down, resets by itself, trouble with setting the BIOS, etc.. And I see you constantly defending your board. GB in my opinion, sucks. Not a good name brand and doesn't seem reliable enough. Stay away from GB boards. Go with the faithful Abit / ASUS brands. It looked funny how you keep protecting your mobo and your chips how good it runs even though you might actually having problems with your own but not telling us. Who knows??? Do you think we don't know that?? ;)

Last edited:
OK, MilkPowder-2 and Flu!d, could you please stop arguing all the time. What's your problem?? You both know a lot about PCs and especially about overclocking. Great, but why the hell do you always try to show that you're the best. That's ridiculous!

OK, now I have to say that I also own the Gigabyte GA-6OXET and never had the problems, that Oldfart is experiencing. I also had an Abit BF6 before, which is very similiar to your BE6-2 MilkPowder-2 and also didn't have problems.

I think, it's either the chip, that is crapp or it's the RAM. I noticed that if you set the special pll devider like pll/16 on that board, the RAM is stressed a bit more than without the divider. It could possibly be the RAM, I think.
BTW try to switch your RAM into another dimm-slot. Put it into either the first or the second!! You could also try to set your VioVoltage to 3,6V instead of the standard 3,3V!!

I got new RAM yesterday and could boot @200 MHz FSB @CAS3 but then it crashed while loading an app. The board seems very stable to me!

I agree about Milk and Fluid. You guys both add a lot to the forum, please don't lower yourselves with the flamewar nonsense.

Celermine, my ram is fine (Crucial 7ns cas2). I don't know if you read through all the posts. I put my CuMine PIIIEB 1 Ghz @ 150 FSB in it and it ran fine. With the Tually, I cant get anywhere near 150 FSB.

The Tually will run with some Vcore boost @ a higher speed, but the reboot/shutdown problems really make it too buggy for me. Fluid thinks its a problem with the Vcore getting reset to defaults when rebooting. This sounds like a logical explanation.

so rather than o/c at boot-up is it possible to use softfsb or other similar post-boot o/c software, if the cpu works fine (burning in fine) then the problem is with the Bios otherwise the problem is with the cpu.

Sorry to hear about the problems Oldfart.

I also think it might help wrapping the vidpins. You were saying that you might try 1.6V. However, this will not be very easy or practical since you would have to remove one of the pins or cover it with nail polish(or something similar..and non conductive). The easiet thing to do is to wrap VID1 to VID2. This will get you to 1.675V. If you're worried about this being too high, the board will probably give you the option to move it back down a little bit lower. If the theory is true, it would only use the 1.675V between the time you turn it on and it successfully POST's and then it would revert back to the voltage you set in the BIOS after it POST's.

Good Luck!!

I can't tell about a voltage problem, because my voltage adjustment with my coppermine is fine. But it could and seems to be a Tualatin specific problem!!

I wish you luck. Hopefully it works for you!

BTW, if you need an older Bios version, I could send you one. I have nearly all of them on my HDD. I have f7, f8, f9c, f9d!

Thanks for the ideas! Some good stuff here. Yes, Celermine. Please email me the bios files! I also have another plan I'm working on also. I dont think I'm going to keep the C1.0A. I didn't get what I expected from it.

oldfart said:
Thanks for the ideas! Some good stuff here. Yes, Celermine. Please email me the bios files! I also have another plan I'm working on also. I dont think I'm going to keep the C1.0A. I didn't get what I expected from it.

Hey I doubt it is the chip!

Here is what was said at HWC about the chip!

ol'man, I got a 1000a this week. Mine will only run win2k stable at 1.15v. Of course, at that voltage there is no overclock and idle temps is 26c. I am presently running this chip at 1400 default voltage, idle temp 29.5c. The only way I can approach 40c is while running sisoft sandra burn-in wizard in real time, otherwise the temperature never goes aboce 35c. I have no extra case fan and I am using the standard Intel cooler and fan.

http://discussions.hardwarecentral.com/Forum2/HTML/012159.html

Pretty impressive!

I would lose the MOBO and not the chip!

I tried last night and the ftp site was down. I'm so confused now. Did I get a lemon of a chip? Is the 6OXET-C Celeron 1.0A "unfriendly"? I've seen people here have good luck with the board, but none of them have the 1.0A. The board seemed fine with a PIIIEB in it.

oldfart said:
I tried last night and the ftp site was down. I'm so confused now. Did I get a lemon of a chip? Is the 6OXET-C Celeron 1.0A "unfriendly"? I've seen people here have good luck with the board, but none of them have the 1.0A. The board seemed fine with a PIIIEB in it.

Once again bud that is possibly because the 1000eb has a default of 133MHz.

Like I have said again many have found other tualatin mobos that do not allow 1/4 dividers with a 100MHz default fsb chip period. You need a 133MHz chip with these mobo's to use the dividers or other wise they will be rendered useless! I think the BD133u is like this!

Not saying the GB board is like this but it may be. I know the TUSL2 allows 1/4 dividers but not until you reach 134fsb. The ST6 allows them under 133fsb of course and I thought the GB GA-60XET did too. It sounds like another ST6 will be in my future! I know that board will do 167+MHz fsb. You can set the dividers at 1/2 if you want at 250MHz fsb if you want:D I doubt it will boot though:D Nothing like running a 125MHz PCI fsb:D Or you can set them at 1/4 @ 50MHz PCI fsb. Do you think a 12.5MHz PCI would fly? I have ran this setup with a 25MHz PCI bus speed before! I ran my 100MHz fsb 1.2 cel-t at 50MHz FSB to igve a 600MHz system. This all would mean my AGP speed was at 50MHz.

All in all I would maybe get rid of the MOBO or try and cover the certain pin that makes the chip a default 100MHz. There are two of them if I am not mistaken. If one of them is disabled the chip will run at a default of 100MHz FSB and if both are disabled it will run at a fsb of 133. This is all theoratical at this point but I know the pins are there. We discussed this at the Hardforum. It is similar to the older PII 66MHz FSB chip when people would tape the pins to get a 100MHz default fsb out of a 66MHz default fsb chip!

A PM message to me from Milkpowder (The swearing is included as it it in the original PM and was not typed by myself)....

Get it through your head. How many times do I have to repeat this hmm? I have posted more of replies. I've got some more of pictures there for you to look at. Read and learn. Stubborn punks like you bugs me the most. Do you remember who stated the ****? Don't go telling people around "mine kills your rig" and such. That's what you did to me. Sure doesn't sound like a man who know a lot of stuff. Punk Acting like you know a lot but I don't see that in you. I can tell by reading your posts.. I thought you were something biggggg.... (which I doubt it)

Getting PM messages like this from someone who insists on acting like a chld is what is causing the 'problems' between milkpowder and I....Not to mention posts like the rediculious one above! I have asked the guy to give it a rest before but he 'just keeps going!'....I am quite sure he has a problem with comprehension as he just dosn't seem to understand a logical word I am saying!

For now on I will just ignore him....Mabye he will go away! Sorry dudes...

Ol'man....The XET definatly has fully functional pci dividers when selected on 100mhz chips! I don't mean to upset you but I am going to keep pushing this fact as it 'definatly' has them. I feel the voltage issue is the problem here which would make it worse with chips that 'are on the edge'....And everything here is pointing to a chip that is on the edge, it won't 'do' 1.4 gig at standard voltage! If it did then i'm sure it would boot just fine!

It stands to reason especially considering the Asus boards have the exact same problem and have had it for quite some time!

Please remember....Many other users here and on other forums have had no trouble with the GB board and are overclocking just fine! It seems many users are just 'looking' for a reason to discredit this board....Which I find very strange, especially considering it's many advantages!

On closing I have got to say that I have yet to see a 'perfect' mobo....They all have their bad points! Whether it be a lack of a 1/4 pci divider on the BX to a lack of voltage adjustment options on the St-6 (not knocking another great board!).

Last edited:
2 words.... calm down!......i have no doubt that Fluid has no problems with his motherboard and that it is very nice, but there are a couple unknowns here....first, has that SPECIFIC chip been tested in another board to see if it goes that high? why does it work so well with the PIII? has anyone tried another 1.0A tualatin in there to check?....

Hey Guys......lets not get all frayed around the edges here!!
I for one am sorry to hear of oldfart's problems with this
combo, and wish I could help..... (help being the key word) I
have a 60XET-C on the way, yes I'm disappointed, but not to
the point that I'm going to jump off a tall building. I believe it
is possible that oldfart got a flaky chip or mobo. (unfortunate)

PEACE!!!!

funnyperson1 said:
2 words.... calm down!......i have no doubt that Fluid has no problems with his motherboard and that it is very nice, but there are a couple unknowns here....first, has that SPECIFIC chip been tested in another board to see if it goes that high? why does it work so well with the PIII? has anyone tried another 1.0A tualatin in there to check?....

I still think it is a problem with that specific board. I just don't see that chip being a dud. If it were a low yield chip I doubt intel would have released one that crappy! Even the crappiest cel 1.2's run at least 1500MHz. Did you not follow that link I gave above for the guy who runs his cel-t at 1.4GHz on default?

Also fluid and milk-p. Come on man you guys gotta take your squabeling elsewhere. You are both probably going to get your selves banned if you keep this up.

I have gotten a pm and that person told me he can run the cel 1.2 @ 1.68GHz on the GA-60xet so in fact it can be done with a 100fsb chip.

Man, decisions decisions! I hope there is more info soon about this cause I am about ready to order this mobo too and I really hope the 1/5 divider setting works well.

Here is what is said about the cel 1.2 on the XET-c. I hope the author does not mind if I quote him. I think this will really help here.

I happen to use this PSU(AOPEN 250w) for my C1200/1600 with the GA-6OXET-C
M/B and have no problem what so ever. I am at a Vcore of 1.575v.
With a slight more increase in Vcore, I can hit 1680 with stability.
This is a retail Phillip. chip. I believe the PSU wattage requirement
for stable system is highly overrated. I am running several Athlon
system at 1.4 Ghz with Geforce2 Ultras and up all using 250 W
PSU. Even my XP 1900+ with 8KHA and 160 FSB can run on the
Enlight 250 w. PSU. Of course not all 250 W PSU are the same.
But I couldn't be that lucky to have so many "good" 250 W PSU.
BTW, I noticed that you were counting on using the 6OXET-C for
your p!!!-S chip at 160+FSB. I have done alot of testing of this
M/B using various high performance SDRAM (Tonicom, Kingmax,
Micron PC133 CAS2 and Mosel CAS2). I have found that at CAS2
this M/B has difficult time running stable above 150 FSB. All the
memories I am testing the board with have been tested on other
systems at 155-160 CAS 2. I am also using the F9d BIOS for these tests.

So apparently the XET-c has some issues possibly? No two snowflakes are the same:)

Also he says he is using the philli chip which at a vcore under 1.7v may suffice if he can hit 1600MHz on 1.575v.

You all got remember though this is not a fact yet as you can't beleive every thing you hear on the internet! I do beleieve though this guy is telling the truth though but it is best to have more testing done!

:D

There seems to be a new bios version on the gigabyte server!!!

It's version f9, so it's no beta anymore!!!! The official f9 version!!

Update: Sorry ol'man, I overlooked your ppost with the links!! It was laready mentioned there!!
But I had running beta version 9d! So it's new to me and I'll have to try it!!

Back