• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tualeron 1.0A and GA6OXET-C are together....not too good

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Unfortunately Version f9 doesn't work for me!!! I always get an CRC-Error when I want to extract the files out of the zip-file.

I also tried to download it again 5 times, because I thought it would be download error, but always the same. They seem to have uploaded a corrupted file!

Good find Celemine1gig! Very impressive overclocks there....

I just recieved a PM from a GA-60XET owner stating that, he too, has been running his Tualatin 1.2 @ 1.6 gig using ONLY 1.575 volts from day one as well....And while he does have a problem restarting from time to time, which, like me, dosen't worry him at all, he NEVER has problems either with cold or hot shutdown and reboot or stability and actually quotes how impressed he is with the mobo....

I'm begining to wonder whether the voltage resetting to CPU default on restart and inital boot before the bios posts problem is actually a problem with 815EP chipsets in general and not specifically individual mobo's (now people....Don't get all fired up on this comment! Just approach it with an open mind!). It just seems a little strange that out of all the 815EP 'B' stepping mobos that are 'mainly' used for overclocking Tualatins (Asus, ABit and Gigabyte) the only one that dosen't exibhit this fault is the ABit St-6....Reason being that the St-6 relies on wire wrapping to up the vcore whereas the other two 815EPb mobo's are able to utilize the bios....Mabye this is why Asus were never able to rectify the fault with a simple bios update!

It woulden't show up all of the time as it only seems to show up on chips that require higher than default vcore to 'actually remain stable enough to boot when overclocked to extremes' - And I emphisize this point 'actually remain stable enough to BOOT when overclocked to extremes'....

Just food for thought....:)

Fluid, you bring up some good points. I would love to see another GA6OXET-C 1.0A attempt. If anyone comes across one, let us know.

I've cooled off. I have to say I was pretty p!ssed yesterday, not at anyone, just mad that it didn't work. This is my first ever unsuccessful overclock project. It failed and failed big.

Although you guys dont agree on what is wrong, you have all been very helpful. I'm working on a couple of alternate plans.

oldfart said:
I've cooled off. I have to say I was pretty p!ssed yesterday, not at anyone, just mad that it didn't work. This is my first ever unsuccessful overclock project. It failed and failed big.

Although you guys dont agree on what is wrong, you have all been very helpful. I'm working on a couple of alternate plans.

even if it doesnt work think of it this way...YOU HAVE A 390+mhz OC that is not bad at all almost 40% oc......

FYI, I just installed my GA6OXT-C (which is replacing a dead BE6-II). Although I can offer no help in solving the problem, I can comment on a couple of the other posts.

As far as the possibility of this board not offering a 1/4 pci divider with 100FSB chips.... that is and is not true, from what I can see. Although speed/multiplier settings are different than I'm used to on my old Abit, from what I could tell, I could find no way to get a 1/4 pci multiplier on my old P3 700 (which I overclock to 966) using the bios that it shipped with (sorry, didn't look to see what it was. When I updated to the f9 bios, I got a couple new options.... although it still wants to use the standard 1/3 multiplier, you can use the pll divider option to get to a 1/4 multiplier. Works fine on my coppermine chip anyway.

Also, Celemine1Gig, I had no problems getting the f9 bios using the (quite nifty) @BioS internet bios update. Easiest bios update I've ever done.

oldfart, I know this doesn't help you any, but thought I'd post this to help the others out.

funnyperson1 said:

even if it doesnt work think of it this way...YOU HAVE A 390+mhz OC that is not bad at all almost 40% oc......

No, I wound up with a 0% overclock. There was no way to set it up that would not result in a hang on reboot. Possibly the wire trick would fix that, I dont know. The stuff is in a box in the corner for now.

oldfart said:

No, I wound up with a 0% overclock. There was no way to set it up that would not result in a hang on reboot. Possibly the wire trick would fix that, I dont know. The stuff is in a box in the corner for now.

my solution...dont reboot;)
[pitch]
...seriously though join a team such as folding and you wont want to reboot the computer:)
[/pitch]

Oldfart....Try vidpinning the board, i'm sure it will fix it and you can still fine tune the voltages in the bios. You just need to up the default voltage to help on reboot, you'll have to vidpin an st-6 anyway....Dosen't matter if it's a bit high as you can drop the voltage to whatever you want in the bios.

Funnyperson1's got a good comment....I've never really noticed the problem because I never reset....

BTW, no one has asked. The CPU is a Philippines SL5ZF. Batch is H151021W. Pack date: 12/18/01.

oldfart said:
BTW, no one has asked. The CPU is a Philippines SL5ZF. Batch is H151021W. Pack date: 12/18/01.

This is a retail chip???????

Sweet they are made in the Phillipines:D:D:D:D I doubt any duds would come from there! Also you should be able to do 133fsb on default vcore too. If you can't something is messed up here!

If you do a search here we have shown you how to do this. One thing though the cel 1.0A has a defualt vcore of 1.5 so any effort to vid pin it will need different approches than what we have for the 1.475 default vcore chips! Same would go for the 1.26GHz 512k cache chips also as they are on a 1.45v default vcore.

Yes, its retail. Default is actually 1.475, contrary to what the Intel web site says. Its printed on the box and the BIOS detects it as that.

I searched around and see lots of posts about it, but didn't find exactly how to do it. I may try this out tomorrow. A Link or instructions would be much appreciated.

Last edited:
I had the same CRC problem with the bios from the web
site, so I just tried that @BioS online update again, and it
worked this time ! Have to reboot and look for my
3/4 fsb ram speed option.

I also have had the same stability problems over 150fsb at
cas2 as was mentioned in that thing Olman quoted.

Both with Kingmax and OCZ....

Runs 100% stable at 148.

Back