• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Upcoming "Stuff-it" mod

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DaveSauce

OK, so the mod I am working on right now is going to be cramming a real computer in a very small space. The space is TBA, but the best part is I know what it is, and you dont. :D:D:D

Anyhow, for this mod I need some small parts....I have most everything I need right now, save for a few things....

Heatsink:

I need a fairly good performance heatsink, because this is going on an Athlon 1200 system. I have a stock HSF right now, but it is too large, and I'm afraid that if I chop it, it will not have the cooling power I need. Thus, I am on a quest for a low profile heatsink. It is allowed to be wide, but it needs to be short....

It needs to be able to handle an athlon 1200 at full load 24/7....

Hrm, more to come....

copper is much better, hehe. It is a tbird, so i'm gonna need the cooling power.

Oh wow...its PURE copper.....niiiiiiiiiice.....I just hope that fan is good enough. Holy bawls....5300 rpm....more than enough!

Alrightey then, for now i'm good......i'm hoping that I can cram the PSU in. Once I get the PSU in, everything else should be cake.....

You mean what is the system, or what is the case? The system is in my sig....the one on the right.

As for the case......super top secret classified. Only myself and a select few people know. I would love to tell you all, but I would rather it be a nice surprise. If I succeed, you will love it......

DaveSauce said:
oh yea, grounding......the case is all plastic, so do I need to run a wire from each component's metal chassis to the PSU's metal chassis?

Or, is that taken care of by the grounding wires in the power connectors?

Half of the power leads in your computer are ground. Further grounding would be redundant. I've built numerous machines in all plastic enclosures and they work fine. I however do not recommend rubbing them vigorously on carpet or small furry animals.

I am planning to do a similar mod myself and have come to the conclusion that if the mobo is mounted at the top, I can cut a hole above the cpu hs/f which would duct cold air on to the fan. I ried this option on my curent desktop and it worked wonders.

Back