• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Upgrade or OC?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You can pm them to me at your leisure as to not hijack the thread with this OT stuff. As I said, the dude you have on ignore and are responding to was talking about the cpu pushing the cards, not the scaling of the gpus themselves. :)

You can pm them to me at your leisure as to not hijack the thread with this OT stuff. As I said, the dude you have on ignore and are responding to was talking about the cpu pushing the cards, not the scaling of the gpus themselves. :)
Ok I will PM you when I get a chance, but as far as his CPU even a 2600k I think should be able to scale either flavors fine, despite my anti intelness ;)

Had the P95 Running for 20 hours with on 3.5Ghz with no errors, so will try adding some volts.

no particular reason, just since its as good as stable i whanted more, but never got to it so its gonna stay at the 3.51 for now... maybe with the new cooler installed i will go for more as i can fit the other ram sticks (1600mhz)..

Hi guys!
I´ve got the new cooler and its in place works perfect giving me 5 degrees and the space i need for my 1600 mhz ram sticks. Now i have runned into a problem that my rams onlt boots up at 1333 mhz no matter what i do..
Anyone that has seen this before and maybe know how to fix it?

1333 mhz is the stock settings for the ram I would assume. You will need to go into the bios and select the proper divider for your ram and set the timings manually. If you can't find it I can post a screen shot later when I get home from work...... if I remember.

Nice! I've got it running p95 @ 3850, i'm a bit unsure of the temps it has an avg at about 57 and maxed at 60 and has been running 45 min

Nice! I've got it running p95 @ 3850, i'm a bit unsure of the temps it has an avg at about 57 and maxed at 60 and has been running 45 min

If you are unsure of the temps, then we certainly are unsure as well. Overtime it has come to our attention on the report of other users that some Phenom2 processors can begin to be not so stable at about 55c on the package/core temp. You might take that advisement or not. i don't think it effects everyone but it could be that "thing" that causes that unknown issue or oddness over the course of time. Otherwise seems like you have gained some extra cpu speed. Luck man.
RGone...ster.

Crap, 2 min after i posted it had an error on a core, has restarted now but again i closed monirot... fool i am, but idle temp is araound 33 @ 3850, and around 52 avg in p95 going down a little on the volts

I think i will go the safe way and down clock to 3.8 sharp..

Sounds like a solid plan....... loosing 50 or 100MHZ for the sake of running your CPU at cooler temps will not hurt your performance enough to notice as it takes about 200+ MHZ to be noticeable.

Took it to 3,72 runs okay, maxed at 54 and avg at about 52..
But the rams i dont get how come they are set to clock in at 1333, when specs say 1600?

i did, the problem is i put in my 1600Mhz ram sticks but they boot at 1333, do i missunderstand something here? or is there some common rules for this?

Not that its my problem right now, thats the heat and there isnt much you can do there ;)

OK a quick lesson on setting things in your bios ........ we will set your ram.

First boot into BIOS and under the Extreme Tweaker tab find your find the Memory Frequency as I have highlighted. Select it with your mouse or if you are using your keyboard ..... scroll down to it and hit enter.

B1.jpg

You will get a popup with all your speed settings. The will look different then mine so find something that is very near to your 1600MHZ and select it. Click on it with your mouse or hit enter.

B2.jpg

YOU CAN STOP HERE IF YOU LIKE and leave the rest on Auto or you can continue and finish setting you ram.

Next scroll down to the DRAM Timing Control. Click on it or hit enter. This will bring you to your timings for your ram.

B3.jpg

These timings will be on your ram or you can find it in your SPD tab of CPUZ. as you can see mine are set to 11 11 11 33 ..... your's will be different. Set these 4 values at what your ram is rated for don't forget to hit enter after you type in the proper value before you move on.

B4.jpg

When this is done scroll down to DRAM Control Rate and set this to 2T ..... unless your ram says different...... hit enter.

B5.jpg

There you are done ...... hit F10 and save your settings. Now reboot and go back to windows and run Prime for at least 2 hours or till you get errors or a failure of some sort ....... you might still have some fine tuning to do now that you have changed your settings. Watch your temps as before. If you get a failure report back ........

BassCrazy, u duh manz. Freeken awesomely done sir.
RGone...ster.

OK a quick lesson on setting things in your bios ........ we will set your ram.

First boot into BIOS and under the Extreme Tweaker tab find your find the Memory Frequency as I have highlighted. Select it with your mouse or if you are using your keyboard ..... scroll down to it and hit enter.

View attachment 158069

You will get a popup with all your speed settings. The will look different then mine so find something that is very near to your 1600MHZ and select it. Click on it with your mouse or hit enter.

View attachment 158070

YOU CAN STOP HERE IF YOU LIKE and leave the rest on Auto or you can continue and finish setting you ram.

Next scroll down to the DRAM Timing Control. Click on it or hit enter. This will bring you to your timings for your ram.

View attachment 158071

These timings will be on your ram or you can find it in your SPD tab of CPUZ. as you can see mine are set to 11 11 11 33 ..... your's will be different. Set these 4 values at what your ram is rated for don't forget to hit enter after you type in the proper value before you move on.

View attachment 158072

When this is done scroll down to DRAM Control Rate and set this to 2T ..... unless your ram says different...... hit enter.

View attachment 158073

There you are done ...... hit F10 and save your settings. Now reboot and go back to windows and run Prime for at least 2 hours or till you get errors or a failure of some sort ....... you might still have some fine tuning to do now that you have changed your settings. Watch your temps as before. If you get a failure report back ........

Oops...... something I should add. scroll down to your voltages and set your DRAM Voltage to what your ram requires which will be on the side of your ram sticks. If it is an older set of ram that would probably be 1.65v newer ram could be less. Best go check.

Back