• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Upgrading CPU/Mobo need to know what drivers to add to Acronis universal restore

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Time-Bandit

Hi all,

Looking to upgrade me computer from whats in my sig to Asus B450 Steel legend motherboard and a 3200g.

My question is exactly what drivers/files do I need to add to my Acronis Universal restore?

and how do I get to said files?

With My HDD's do I need to add these to this again or will the system automatically pick these up since they are already in the current OS install?

This seems alot easier the Acronis - youtube.com/watch?v=JZn_hSlT0zk has anyone done this with success on Win 7 at all?

I saw other posts that said to edit the registry which I am happy to do, I would like to understand what I am changing in the registry before I do it however.

Cheers,

Bandit.

Last edited:
I'm not familiar with Acronis universal restore. I use Macrium Reflect free version to create images of my computer's drive on a scheduled basis. If I change the motherboard I just delete the old images and create new ones since the old ones will be for a motherboard with a diffferent chipset. The key driver involved there I would think would be the chipset driver and the video card driver unless you are using the same video card with the new motherboard.

This might sound like a dumb question but what would I use as the Win 7 driver for the 3200g? / where is it I can't find info on what to do since there is only win 10 for it.

It has Vega 8 graphics so if there is a Win 7 driver for that GPU series then you could try it. But I don't think you will get anywhere with this. Why are you still using Win 7?

Older titles that won't play on Windows 10 but work perfectly on Windows 7 even when trying with compat mode no difference.

On the ASUS website for my motherboard there is an "all in one vga" for that board, plus I forgot to mention I will be using a GTX 1660 Ti. Would windows install some basic driver to get it working ? or no such thing for CPU's ?

Quick forum searching on google im seeing answers of "yes for win 7 support on 1660 ti".

I have things around the other way. Win 7 with win 10 VM and also my mini pc running Win 10. Not interested putting it on my main machine.

How did this guy not do anything to his registry and straight swap mobo and cpu with no BSOD's??

How did this guy not do anything to his registry and straight swap mobo and cpu with no BSOD's??

Easily? I did it all the time... but it was amd to amd or intel to Intel. If I go from one to the other, I always do a fresh reinstall.

Back