• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Urgent Help needed, mobo not starting

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

barticom

Is there any way to check if my motherboard is dead? It is the stock motherboard of the Acer Aspire M3910 desktop, I found a manual for the same board here ftp://ftp.packardbell.com/pub/itemnr/CS265E00/SG_PB_iXmM5801.pdf

Basically, it worked fine this morning. I then took the whole PC apart so it was ready for the new case I got. On the motherboard in particular, I took the CPU cooler off temporarily to clean it. I got my new case and now the motherboard will not respond at all. The power supply is functional (tested with paperclip) but will not respond to power button either.

P.S: I tried the coin/screwdriver jump start method, no luck.

Lastly, this motherboard features the H57 chipset, am I OK to get a H55 in replacement?

I'd double check all of the power connectors. Also, do you have carpet / rugs where you were working on your PC?

Some pics may help us identify the problem.

I'd double check all of the power connectors. Also, do you have carpet / rugs where you were working on your PC?

Some pics may help us identify the problem.

I actually got there in the end, turns out my 'CMOS_CLEAR' jumper had been switched to on, and was preventing my PC from booting, will change thread title now.

btw, thankyou for your interest to help, it is appreciated

Back