• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

USB power tester

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well that looks fun. I don't know that I need a USB tester, but it's been added to my list. :)

It's interesting to me. Perhaps a reasonable way to verify the Amps of a charger. Maybe a way to see what kind of draw a device has on your USB bus. I can think of ways to use one. I eagerly await your thoughts on it once you get it.

It occured to me that I had another potential use. I bought long USB charging cables that have been wonky at best. It would be nice to see how they test out for power. I realize that this does little to check data integrity but still...

ED. I like the first one you listed. That second one would be a hot mess in my hands.

Look at this tank...bigger screen at least. The font size more appropriate for my aging ojos. :p

Damnit.. the bright colors might get me here.... :borg:

1st pic, can't see anything from the flash, 2nd pic with flash off, you can see it. Works great. I have a WD 1TB USB 3.0 HDD hooked up and at it's peak current use, it peaked at .7 amps when copying a large file, when not reading or writing it draws .22 amps

Attachments

• DSCN0802_.JPG
    DSCN0802_.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 13
  • DSCN0803_.JPG
    DSCN0803_.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Back