• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

USB questions 2.0 v others

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zip22

if i'm looking at usb cables, does it matter if it is USB 2.0 spec or not? are the connectors different?

im only looking at the cable part, my computer has 2.0, and the device is 2.0, im just looking for cables and some specify 2.0 and some dont.

nevermind, i just found it

Frankly, there's no easy way to tell. Older, high-quality USB cables often work fine with USB 2.0. The standard as set by the USB-IF for USB 1.1 cables was sufficient for USB 2.0 devices. Many cheap cables which did not meet the USB-IF's standards were made and sold. These seemed to work fine for USB 1.1 devices, but fail utterly with USB 2.0. Certified USB 2.0 cables should have the Hi-Speed USB logo on a tag or a plug. They may have "USB 2.0" or "Rev. 2" printed on the cord insulation. In the end, the best way to tell is to test the cable yourself.

www.usbman.com

Back