• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

USB to HDMI on laptop

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Luanpa

Registered
Hey guys. I just recently got a new laptop and I'm trying to hook it up as a I did my old rig to my dual monitors but the issue is the laptop only has one VGA port, which is not the best option anyway. I looked online and found this USB 3.0 to HDMI adapter to do the job:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009V53L06/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Now that I have it I'm wondering about response time and whether the graphics processing is being done strictly by the CPU since it's being plugged in via USB. It seems to be fine while playing Counterstrike, but I haven't been able to get BF3 running on it which would be a better test. Any advice regarding to this adapter or anyone trying to use one of these for gaming?

To anyone that is interested, I have decided to return the item and start using my main monitor as display 1 using the VGA connection, and the laptop monitor as display 2 when it's plugged in to the main monitor.
The adapter was just had too much delay time even when using even with just general web browsing. Mostly, the software it came with was bugged and would make it so games would not run properly.

Back