• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

VapoChill Micro is Out!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
mc9180 said:
it's out already? where can i buy it?
Both Frozen CPU and E Powerhouse PC have it. I've gone ahead and ordered one because I couldn't get a Scythe Ninja anywhere...

Innovative I suppose. Just looks.... bad. Put that in an SLI rig and you'll hardly be able to see the MB anywhere. As long as we've come very close to the limits of air cooling I think I'll stick to something more traditional.

not at the limits yet, we'll just have to add a few more heatpipes and 150mm fans. its not the air cooling that is the limit, it is the amount of weight a socket can support that will become an issue

its an ok HS... the only problem i found was the plastic bracket used for holding on the fan... woulda worked better for a bracket on the heatsink better.

as as for my comment about installtion... the main reason im saying its a ***** is mainly because you need 2 people to install it, since it requires taking out all screwes from your bracket hold it in place and than screwing in the 2 screws.. not to mention the bracket doesnt quite give a full heatsink to proc connection and moves around at the slightest touch.

when will people learn that metal > plastic, always, withought exception, metal doesn't give up at the first sign of trouble, metal sticks with you until the very end, that it why there are so many old cars driving around, because they were made of metal, not plastic and crap

ziggo0 said:
It will if they have an overheating P4 that is thermal throttling
If your P4 is throttling to the point you notice it, you have a problem. The HSF is not mounted correctly, or the thermalpaste was applied wrong.

okay screw it. Judging from the site, its overglorified.

I'm sticking with zalman. Comeon 9500! That thing's gonna be nasty with my delta 3-blade :D

SolidxSnake said:
okay screw it. Judging from the site, its overglorified.

I'm sticking with zalman. Comeon 9500! That thing's gonna be nasty with my delta 3-blade :D

Yah... 9500 is looking pretty sweet. I might look into it.

having a decent amount of knowlege about phase change cooling in general ie air conditioners, the main problem i have with this vapochill is that it is assuming that some of the r134a is liquid and some is gas, the gas part being by the fins, however without a compressor and seperate chiller and condenser i can't see it doing any better then a cooler with solid heatpipes instead of r134a filled deviced.

Back