• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vid - PIN wire wrapping for Tualatin Celeron

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ok, I finaly got the....ohh what's the word.....Insanity.......Courage....Guts......To do this mod.

I have one question....How do you know if your sucesfull ?

I have an abit ST-6 and don't see any more voltage options in my bios so I assume you have to add .2 v to what you see in bios or how does this work or did I not get it right ?

I used a small piece of wire and droped it into the vid1 vid2 holes in my socket..maybe their not touching ??? or did I get it right...I just need to add .2v to what I see in bios ?

if I'm not mistaken, you should flash youtr BIOS after this mod...your BIOS will pick up your vid-pinned vcore as defualt, and give you new voltages to choose from in the menu...if I'm wrong, someone straighten me out on this one...

takiwa said:
if I'm not mistaken, you should flash youtr BIOS after this mod...your BIOS will pick up your vid-pinned vcore as defualt, and give you new voltages to choose from in the menu...if I'm wrong, someone straighten me out on this one...
No bios flash is needed. After I vid pinned my ST6R, the default voltage in the bios showed up as 1.675 with options up to 1.8v. If you're not seeing this, something is wrong.

I got it. :D Check out my other thread to see how i'm doing. Titled Tualatin [email protected] Stuck

The first time I had it...just didn't realize it until I went into bios and set the voltage option to default and saw the 1.65 instead of the 1.45 :D

Let me just say this too......What a rush...Goofing around with $200 worth of bran spanking new stuff is insane. LOL I see why this is so addicting.

Thank You for all your help.

(Maybe one of the mods can kill this so our sticky doesn’t get so cluttered. I would be helpful to show how you know you did it right though....that was the only thing I noticed was missing. Other then that a stupendous job Pinky. Thank You)

At least this one won't go to the lab, eh Zoopa ;) ??

We should leave successes here, who cares how cluttered it gets after the first post :p

Some more celibration clutter then. hehehe

I made my mark 133 fsb !! Temps are way down right now...I turned off the heater in my room and let it get cold. 19C room temp. Inside ambent case temp is 22C and CPU temp idle is 32C full load 35C Looks like i'll either have to wear a coat in my room or work on my water cooling setup. So far at this speed I'm ok as long as my temps dont go too high. I usualy crash / reboot at 41-43C range.

another note. I had to go to the full 1.75v to get 133 to post....maybe after a burn in I can lower my voltage. that will help with the heat issue some. I'm also going to try some higher CMF fans on my radiator to get more air moving through it.

Othen then some tweaking to do I'd call this a sucesfull overclock. Now I have to feed my addction with case fan mods and playing with a neon light and some dye lite. (Future projcts :D )

Thanks for your help.....looks like this one will live :cool:

Burn in earned me 2 more mhz from the bus (24+ mhz processing power) which allowed my components to run closer to specs (127 bus versus 125).

You may see some improvement from a burn in (including lower voltages at current-highest clock speed)... just remember the keys to burning in... 1- Slowest clock speed (that means underclock it to 66mhz bus), 2- Highest voltage possible, and 3- Coolest temperatures... I usually do it for 24+ hours, but you will reach a point it won't improve any more, I did.

What about a server tualatin?

Does this vid trick also work with the p3-s tualatin? Have the same vid 1 and 2 to be connected? And are the pins at the same position like the celeron tualatin?

I did the vid pin thing on my 1.2 celly and it brought my voltage up to 1.7v. I can run for able 5 mins when cold at 1.6, but then it crashes. I am still stuck at 1.5 :(

Yes, the P3 version is an identical chip with more cache (512) and lower cache latency, but same core and PINs.

This only increases the default voltage, but then you can up it .125v at .025v increments... if you can't run 1.6ghz at 1.7v you'll have to raise the voltage some more.

My Vid Mod

Hi, I used the pin hole method for my Celeron 1A. It was so easy. It took my about 2 mins to get 12 Mhz more on FSB.

[email protected] 1.85 Vcore
Volcano 7 w/ AS II
Asus 7100Magic
SB Live
ANTEC SX830 CASE (I love my case so much!!!).

I would like to thank Pinky. Thanks to him I'am able to run my Tualeron 1.1A at 1.47GHz.

Muito Obrigado (That's "thank you very much" in Portuguese)

PS: Used the "pin hole method"

groo4ever said:
I would like to thank Pinky. Thanks to him I'am able to run my Tualeron 1.1A at 1.47GHz.

Muito Obrigado (That's "thank you very much" in Portuguese)

PS: Used the "pin hole method"

I am only the messenger :)

CANiSLAYu said:
Does anyone have pictures of how they did the pin hole way?

No picture but all you have to do is bend a small piece of wire into a U-shape, and drop the legs of the U-shaped wire into the two holes. Makes sure the wire is thin enough. 0.2mm is good.

Thats all there is to it.

So I just drop it in there and that's it? Do I make it so it goes down all the way into the bottom of the socket? I did the wrapping way, but it sticks up a bit when I put it in the socket. When I tried the pin hole method it didn't stick up as much. I just want to be extra sure.

How does this look?

pin.jpg

Left side to show how long I made it, right side how looks when put in.

Back