• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vid - PIN wire wrapping for Tualatin Celeron

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
thin wire trick

duh, so easy, single strand out of very small stranded wire, stuck in zif, reinsert. Even with the MC370 in da way, five minutes total

Tually 1.13 running as high as 185FSB so far, 1573MHZ. Actually much faster @180FSB.

Thank you, no electrons were used in this upgrade.

baldy:cool:

recommended temprature?

i`ve successfuly done that pin wrapping thing to my cel.1200 and now i can easily select the max 1.825 voltage in bios but i still can`t get 133fsb (@1600) to boot up (emergency beeps during post) Maybe it`s because i`m using the standard cpu cooler and the cpu temperature is higher than 52C? the highest fsb speed that seems to be running stable on my comp is 125 (@1.575V and the temperature is usually about 45-46C)

Re: recommended temprature?

56k said:
i`ve successfuly done that pin wrapping thing to my cel.1200 and now i can easily select the max 1.825 voltage in bios but i still can`t get 133fsb (@1600) to boot up (emergency beeps during post) Maybe it`s because i`m using the standard cpu cooler and the cpu temperature is higher than 52C? the highest fsb speed that seems to be running stable on my comp is 125 (@1.575V and the temperature is usually about 45-46C)
If 52C is what you getting out on POST, I'd say it's way too hot....even if you could boot in, it won't stay too long in Windows. Yeah, definitely try a better HSF.....I've been told that Millennium Glaciator 2 is very effective at low cost.

cooling

you need better cooling. temps way too high. For comparison, I am running my Tually 1.13 @1.825, 180FSB (1.530 gig), temps are about 36*C with a MC370 from Swiftech.

Swiftech, Alpha, both cool to the max.

Also, you may have a chip that won't do 1600, you got to think about that.

Dude! That's me!!:D

Seriously though, the guy is Shane Dorian. The picture was from "The Eddie" big wave contest held last year at Waimea Bay.

Here's the whole picture....

In Gods Hands. Bah! What a gay movie.....Hollywood trying to cash in on the big wave tow in phenomenon......

Keep an eye for a new movie comming out called Liquid Assets. It's by Bruce Brown's son Dana Brown. (Bruce did the both Endless Summer Movies.) Should be much more respectable than that debacle called IGH's

Originally commented by Pinky on why "Wire-Wrap is prefer over Pin-Hole"

The concern I expressed regarding placing wire in the socket is not what happens once the CPU is inserted, it's while the CPU is inserted, and that it could push, pull, tug, etc the wire loose if not done properly.

There's risk involved with both methods, I find less risk with wrapping since I can clearly see and have more control over the movement of the wire...

BTW, gg, that link you have/had in your post is probably not allowed by forum rules. You may want to edit your post to remove it _____________________________________

I FRIED 2 Celerons doing the Pin-Hole Method!

Apparently, A strand of the thinwire GOT PULLED under during the CPU insertion and touch all kind of VID1+2+3 etc....
and create a Dangerous Voltage to Fried my CPU

wire wrap versus the hole

It couldn't be easier the hole way.

Get very thin copper wire, cut, bend, insert, then add CPU.

With the proper gauge wire the CPU reinserts with little effort.

Helps if you have a heatsink that clips on, I am using an MC370 by Swiftech.

Total time, about two minutes to install, daze thinking about it.

The pinhole method works well, only took a few minutes, practised first with an old celeron on a slocket.

One thing i found useful was to put a mark with a pen near the relevant pins on the bottom of the cpu, much easier to visualise where the right holes are on the socket and avoid that crispy frying CPU sound.

also check your voltage in the hardware monitor in the bios, dont want to over volt that cpu too much without good cooling. I am running 1.75V while burning in with prime95 torture test, hope to drop it later.

~ShiFtY out~:burn:

why not on back?

Hi Guys its also good to hook them up on the back of the board.
I did this with one of my boards next I am going to add a dip switch or jumper so I can adjust it with out removing cpu and or
mother board

Re: why not on back?

Hmmmm, first good new idea i´ve readed in the latest minutes of (me too...) my tualerons upgrade guides reading :) Even with a not so thin wrap, it can be soldered by any man with at least one good eye :) in the back of any slotcket... Hmmm that´s the way I´m gonna do (just don´t know when :rolleyes: )
About insulating the other 3 pins, hmmmm? Silicon works?

Thanks

G Hunter said:
Hi Guys its also good to hook them up on the back of the board.
I did this with one of my boards next I am going to add a dip switch or jumper so I can adjust it with out removing cpu and or
mother board

Here the Results of the vidpinning are cel-t 1300 on TUSL2-C.
Unfortunately that is not the desired effect:

default (w/o vidpinning):
VID25mV=0
VID3=1
VID2=0
VID1=1
VID0=1
V-Core Range=1.500V-1.800V

vidpinning VID2 to VID1:
VID25mV=0
VID3=1
VID2=0
VID1=0
VID0=1
V-Core Range=1.600V-1.800V

vidpinning VID2 to VID1 to VID0:
VID25mV=0
VID3=1
VID2=0
VID1=0
VID0=0
V-Core Range=1.650V-1.800V

was this wrong :confused:
As i can increase the V-Core OVER 1.800V
has someone an idea :(

EDIT: TUSL2-C Rev. 1.04 ; Made in Taiwan
Bios 1010 ; 1011 ; 1011@Mad --> all the same

Last edited:
I need the Vid pinout fro 1.7v, 1.75, 1.775 and 1.8v

I have a Tualatin Compatible mainboard however I have no voltage settings in the BIOS. I have vid-1 and vid-2 connected for 1.675v but I need more juice so help a brother out please.

Rio71 said:
was this wrong :confused:
As i can increase the V-Core OVER 1.800V
has someone an idea :(

No, the motherboards followed the specs handed by Intel and the max they permitted motherboards to run was 1.825v

There are probably power supply level mods that could be tried, but I never bothered and upgraded to AMD and blew the celeron's performance away :p

The PIN Hole method seems good, but it's brand new, so if someone could get a picture of it... Plus this might sound stupid, but i'm new to all this, Where's VID1 and VID2 ?

Also, In my BIOS I can see the voltages, etc, but they are greyed out, so I can't change them ? Or it might just be me, Any idea's on this please ?

Thanks,
Chris !

Back