• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

video card and fan header

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rainbow Six

Registered
I plan on getting a XFX Radeon HD 5770 but am concerned about the placement of the fan header on my motherboard. I have the ASRock K10N78M. It looks like it is out of the way, but I've heard video cards are a tight fit. Will the video card cover the fan header? If so, is there an adapter or something which can allow me to still use the fan header?

what fan header are you speaking of???? i see none that will interfer with card insertion, in fact, i see none even close to the PCI-e slot on that board, the one that you may be concerned about is lined up with a PCI slot, not the PCI-e slot, and that should be no worry for almost all PCI addon cards currently available....

get the card, enjoy the power...

laterzzzz......

that won't cover it up.

I have a fan header straight down from my PCIe socket, so i do have it covered up by the card. If it does by some chance cover it up, just plug the fan in before you put in the card. It should clear it, or at least not put enough pressure on it to cause problems.

I'd be more worried about the bottom 2 Sata ports :p

Back