• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

video card problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ObiwanShinobi

Im getting a "please check signal cable error". My mobo diagnostic LEDs tell me my card is detected and the fan on my card goes on. I have a bfg 7800gtx and I just put it back in after taking apart my pc to change some fans, change liquid tubing and other stuff. I tried re seating the card, changing power rails, switching monitors and flashing the bios. What should I do now?

i googled it and found somthing that helped another guy

Verify that the 110/220 switch on the power supply is set correctly. Check the monitor plug that goes to the computer for bent pins. Try another monitor.
Disconnect all devices from the computer except the keyboard and monitor. I pull all boards except the display adapter. Make sure the display adapter is fully seated. Look along the side where it plugs-in. Reset the memory, and disconnect all drive cables from the motherboard. Try another power supply.

Last edited:
Back