• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

-Vio1's Lian Li V1000- *(Project Silver)*

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ok, I promise.. tomorrow Ill post some pics.

Have a question though:
the v1000 comes with front usb and audio jack in (as well as some other stuff)... I want to hook up the audio jack to my audigy 2zs so that I can plug my headphones in... but the connection is wired for the mobo. Anyway I ideas?

Vio1 said:
Read my first post.
I did... And it said nothing about a window or your possible plans for a window.... But I just read that one of your latest posts that says you're not gonna put a window in.... Too bad. It is a beautiful case though!

i might get a window for the case (depending on how much $ the preinstalled window that Lian Li will start selling is)

Okay, I need some help:

How do I get this:
002.jpg

with this ending:
005.jpg

007.jpg

I want to be able to hook up my headphones from the front and use my Audigy card instead of onboard audio.

Last edited:
015.jpg

Cut one of the cables off: firewire (never used it or plan on using it, so its in the way!)
019.jpg

023.jpg

Last edited:
025.jpg

Its soooo tight in there... I was able to squeeze it all in.. yet I still have to sleeve a few more wires... I hope I can do it!

Last edited:
Anyone know what this wire is for? Dont mind the dirty carpet... I will vaccum.

Thats for one of your psu fans... (the bottom one i think). Connect it to one of your extra mobo headers.

your probably going to have to cut open the white wires at the base of your case, to trace which one is going to your audio. then just pull those wires out of the hookup and wire em directly to the sound card. Or just do the reverse and figure out what connect where on the onboard connection, and follow it back.

Last edited:
Did you get the enermax with the variable speed fan via a knob on the back, or the one that is thermally controlled?

If both fans are working as is, that wire might just be for rpm monitoring.

Ill have to unhook mine and see if I notice a difference

Forgot to ask...

In pic 1 and 5, whats the point of the exhaust cover? Is it a stock piece that comes with the case? can you flip it upside down, reverse the fan and make that an inlet without sucking in psu air?

I keep looking at the case, and im trying to figure out the airflow route if that rear 120 is exhaust.

Oh.. maybe my back fan on the psu isnt working... the psu does have a knob at the back... ah I see..

The exhaust cover comes with the case and it directs the air from the cpu away from the air holes found at the back top.. the air is directed at the psu which pushes the hot air away from the pc.

As to the air flow... the air is sucked (because of negative pressure) from the front grill (all around the drive bays). The bottom fan( for the HDDs) doesnt keep the system cool... just the hdds.

reverse the hardrive to run the wries from the back of the case so they can be hidden. It'll look better.

nissmo300 said:
reverse the hardrive to run the wries from the back of the case so they can be hidden. It'll look better.

I tried that, but the way the hdd locking mechanism works, installing the drive backwards would result in a Hdd that slides.

Oh no... got a warning from photobucket.... im just about to exceed my month of free bandwidth for my pics... Can anyone here host my pictures?

Back