• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vishera and NB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I've found a NB above 2600 generally gives me issues with Vishera. Its definitly doable, but I'm not positive the voltage requirement, stability issues, and the etc involved offset any gains you may get from it. Not sure if this would change significantly with faster ram. I can't appreciate a difference between frequencies in HT personally, but I'm sure they are there.

All this talk has me wanting to jump into messing with my FX's again :attn:

I sure am C_D between the 2 rigs in my sig I'm getting almost 100k

F2H.PNG

And 21c is about 70f . I didn't expect it to get that warm today I had the cave door shut with the window open. Now that I've aired it out I'm at 48/41 this folding stuff isn't nearly as hard on the CPU as prime95 but the cards well I've got them OC'd too ofcourse but they're hot, The top one cooled down to 78c now.

I've found a NB above 2600 generally gives me issues with Vishera. Its definitly doable, but I'm not positive the voltage requirement, stability issues, and the etc involved offset any gains you may get from it. Not sure if this would change significantly with faster ram. I can't appreciate a difference between frequencies in HT personally, but I'm sure they are there.

All this talk has me wanting to jump into messing with my FX's again :attn:

Ya I had to go up to 1.4 on the NB to get it stable at 2750 and you're right the heat wasn't worth any gain.
And why not keep messing with it I figure I still have some fun with this one for a while. :attn:

Ya I had to go up to 1.4 on the NB to get it stable at 2750 and you're right the heat wasn't worth any gain.
And why not keep messing with it I figure I still have some fun with this one for a while. :attn:

Well, I got a little frustrated with my shop 6300 on the LN2 table in my shop, shot it a little too much juice and kind of blew it up. My first time outright killing a chip

I've been trying to be nice since then :(

OOOPS! :clap:
How does that go s**t happens,
So far I.ve found this puppy's pretty tough.:thup:

OOOPS! :clap:
How does that go s**t happens,
So far I.ve found this puppy's pretty tough.:thup:

Haha, I think I was set at making a 6.7Ghz run on a 990XFA-UD3 (Cranky board). It wouldn't cooperate with me, so I gave it the electric chair! Really, I was just a bit dumb and pushed it too far, but that's all good.

That chip had been tortured anyways, I used it to test CPU-PLL voltage limits, NB limits, and vCore limits in the past. It was a very tough puppy, and will be missed :cry:

all i have managed to get are 5-8k ppd wu's but thats how the draw goes, we works whats wees given.

between johan45 and mandrake i'm getting my head handed to me on a platter!!!!!!!!!

Rgone hits the head right on the nail every time>>>>>

great, I get a draw for 15000 pts on the 965, but wait for it................ the eta is 1.26 days????????????

Last edited:
Well you all know C_D has a problem and it is why C_D thinks 'drake' is sheeting somehow. C_D does not have a Vcore problem as most have. Heck he will give it ALL the Vcore he can. What he has is a Mhz problem. He does not get enough Mhz for the Vcore he is using. Hehehe. So what "drake" is getting has to be sheeting since he gets his with less Vcore. Hehehe. Got it sorted.
RGone...

aND I THOUGHT EVERCLEAR FIXED EVERYTHING????????????? hA GOT ME WITH THAT DARN CAPS LOCK AGAIN I'm SO CLUMSY WITH THE KEYBOARD :rofl::rofl::rofl:
oOh and C_D if you wanna crunch these Nvidia cards really kick*ss

everclear and high voltage........YEEEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA...........
Lol, I just put my G.Skills back in fresh from RMA so now you better really watch out ;p. Oh and I caught one of those 11k project units that kills the Radeon to 3k ppd, DELETED! :)

Lol, I just put my G.Skills back in fresh from RMA so now you better really watch out ;p. Oh and I caught one of those 11k project units that kills the Radeon to 3k ppd, DELETED! :)

Here we go now with more sheeting as it will appear to C_D. Break out the MostlyClear. Hehehe.
RGone...:clap:

you think I'M into everclear, here is johan45's post.......

From what I see that COOLER SHOULD DO A DECENT JOB. sO LIKE I SAID EARLIER aW MAN CPS AGAIN Either there isn't enough air through your case did you add any fans or is that case stock cause it only comes with two. Or you have bad contact..and need to redo your heat sink.
EDIT : was that ladt shot under load cause your temps seemed fine. And 1.488 vcore is a lot.

OOO i'm shaking in my boots. And those are freakin lame it not only kills the GPU but the CPU too.WTF!!!!!!!
And I'm with C_D more power baby!!:attn:

everclear fattens them fingers.

and i am never going to catch mandrake and johan45 in the folding thing...........

yea im using it.
about 2200 base

how do you delete a wu?

I have 2 that will finish late at this point.

Last edited:
I don't know if you have the same issue as I with the AMD card but certain WU 11xxx I don't remember the exact number makes my gpu run at 35%. I just go into the configuration on the FAHContol and remove the gpu slot and the re add it. You may have to do it a couple of times. It will sometimes pick up the same WU. Also do you have the gpu set up as "client-type" "beta"? With it set up that way you will get mainly 0x17 work units, but sometimes if they run out you'll get the ones that aren't optimized for AMD gpu's.

Attachments

• 3.PNG
    3.PNG
    47.5 KB · Views: 430
Back