• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vishera and NB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
To this i can't imagine why mine did that, and to be honest i don't really care anymore. All i care about is that i miss my old cpu nb combo. That 8150 was a real gem, 4.5 with 1.36 vcore. This pig of a vishera needs 1.4 vcore just to run 4.2. Anything under 1.4 it's really unstable, max i can do is log into windows......

My pig 6300 runs at 4.4g on 1.35v.I'll take the pile driver's new technology over old architecture any day.To be fair my ram speed is only at 1600 MHz, so not sure if that makes a difference.Another thing to note is Vishera seems to flat line over 4.4g in my case.Performance vs voltage is not as appealing on higher clocks.Upping the voltage to gain a few more hundred MHz's is not a trade off I want to accept.My temps never went above 48c in prime.No games will stress out all my cores, so temps are even better.Everyone's set-up is different, and each cpu is different, as far as overclocking, so why compare yours like it's the standard.My NB stays in the mid 40's gaming for hours.I have always made a point to have great airflow in my case, and that makes a difference.The new architecture has up to a 15% increase in performance, so your 8150 running @ 4.5 with 1.36 vcore is a mute point.The TDP on the 6300 is 95 watts compared to the 125 watts on that cpu.Another consideration to take in account when stressing the cpu on higher clocks.

Last edited:
you think I'M into everclear, here is johan45's post.......

From what I see that COOLER SHOULD DO A DECENT JOB. sO LIKE I SAID EARLIER aW MAN CPS AGAIN Either there isn't enough air through your case did you add any fans or is that case stock cause it only comes with two. Or you have bad contact..and need to redo your heat sink.
EDIT : was that ladt shot under load cause your temps seemed fine. And 1.488 vcore is a lot.

Geez I think I'm busted. :chair:

Hey guys, I know this is an OLDDDD thread but get this: recently binned 6 month old 9590 will refuse to work stable on anything under 1.44 cpu nb voltage! NB is at 2400 and DDR is 2400 as well.
I can't figure it out, I feel it's too high, and I'm wondering how abnormal this is and how much will it effect my longevity of the cpu... I can't find any info on what it should technically be at with NB @ 2400. Could someone please tell me a range of "normal" volts on a scale of differen't NB clocks? What should I technically be at?

Your NB voltage is high, but not unrealistic. 1.25-1.45v is acceptable. 2400 is normal.

With my 8350, if I want to run my Ram at 1866Mhz I need 1.3875 Cpu nb v. Anything above it needs to be increased. For the better part of 4 years I've been running at 1.3875V with out issue. If you're really concerned you may try dropping the speed of the ram. I know with my chip, the faster I try to run the ram the more Cpu Nb voltage I have to give it. Though mine has a particularly weak Imc.

Last edited:
With my 8350, if I want to run my Ram at 1866Mhz I need 1.3875 Cpu nb v. Anything above it needs to be increased. For the better part of 4 years I've been running at 1.3875V with out issue. If you're really concerned you may try dropping the speed of the ram. I know with my chip, the faster I try to run the ram the more Cpu Nb voltage I have to give it. Though mine has a particularly weak Imc.
Using your same settings my 8320 will do 2700 +/- NB frequency @ 1866.

Your NB voltage is high, but not unrealistic. 1.25-1.45v is acceptable. 2400 is normal.

Thanks guys, put my mind at ease. I really only started playing with this cpu paired with 2400 DDR3 and I just wanted to double check if it was crazy high.

Better off running that 2400 speed ram slower and tighter. 1800 or so is the sweet spot for FX. If you can get down to CL 6 or 7 at that speed, you're cookin AMD style. ;)

Interesting, I'll def check that out right now. Thanks!
According to G.Skill I can run 1266 @ 10-9-9-24-33 so timing's wouldn't be that much tighter than they are now at 1800, but I can test out some benchies and compare.

Hey guys, I know this is an OLDDDD thread but get this: recently binned 6 month old 9590 will refuse to work stable on anything under 1.44 cpu nb voltage! NB is at 2400 and DDR is 2400 as well.
I can't figure it out, I feel it's too high, and I'm wondering how abnormal this is and how much will it effect my longevity of the cpu... I can't find any info on what it should technically be at with NB @ 2400. Could someone please tell me a range of "normal" volts on a scale of differen't NB clocks? What should I technically be at?

The NB speed stock is 2000mhz. Most FX chips loose stability around 2500mhz. So you have to overvolt to stabilize. The problem is you gain nothing with that 400mhz oc and pointless to produce more heat to do so.

Would be helpful to have specs of your system. Guessing is the worst thing we can do with a 9590 system....

The NB speed stock is 2000mhz. Most FX chips loose stability around 2500mhz. So you have to overvolt to stabilize. The problem is you gain nothing with that 400mhz oc and pointless to produce more heat to do so.

Would be helpful to have specs of your system. Guessing is the worst thing we can do with a 9590 system....

I hear what you're saying, but if I want to run my ram at 2400, I have no choice but to run NB @ 2400. I'll see if I can get some tighter timings and speed things up to reduce the NB speed/heat and bench and compare.

Specs are:
Crosshair Formula V Z mobo
Latest revision 9590
G.Skill DDR3 2400 Sniper Ram
Asus Strix r9 390 8GB Oc
1000w EVGA SuperNova PSU

That board is particular with timings. If you set memory speed high, the board should default timings (on auto) 11-13-13 or near about. Loose timings usually help stability while keeping voltages low.

You'll have plenty of testing ahead either way. Its probably one of the most pain in the butt systems out the. Did all kinds of testing myself. Just to see.... How would it react this way or that.

Look at the reference clock in this picture. Believe it or not.... Super stable!
image_id_1509161.png

Ah yes I know this well, super touchy with timings, I've tried quite a bit to see how much lower this ram can go timing wise, couldn't get it to go any lower than the stock timings for my chips. I've had this board for a little over a year, new. Was on 1090t then moved to 9590 6 months ago. I actually got this stable on the 1090t at 2400 too, it was nice :D But I'm at least stable on 1t... Here's me:
2017-08-21 (3).png 2017-08-21 (2).png
2017-08-21 (4).png

Last edited:
Back