• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Visiontek ATI Radeon 4870 - $210AR & 4850 - $110AR @ Fry's B&M YMMV

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ghost_recon88

Senior Jedi Master
Before I even post the info, all's I have to say is curse you people that have Fry's near you :mad: You have no idea how lucky you are so don't take Fry's for granted ;) Phewf, after that slight vent here's the info:

I saw this in a post on SD, looks like Fry's B&M is matching BB's sale AND has a $40 rebate to boot...

Visiontek ATI Radeon 4870 - $210AR & 4850 - $110AR @ Fry's B&M

Fry's are matching BestBuy's sale on Visiontek ATI 48xx PLUS they also have valid $40 rebates on both 4850 and 4870.

Rebate PDF

:O

why are their no Fry's in PA!!!!!!!
Why non in NY!! Heck I would drive to one if there were any in PA b/c PA is less than an hr from me.
Dude, join my angry mob :beer:

Let's start an angry mob chant and walk down major streets, screaming "WE WANT FRYS!! WE WANT FRYS!!!" <repeat chant infinitely until death from starvation and thirst>

Wow, I can use this old CRT monitor for a little while longer. Definitely picking up another 4870 instead of a monitor if my frys has this sale going on. Crossfire hooooooooooooo!

So the final verdict on the 4870 is that it's not really worth the extra $100?

I have a great cooler and with new Riva Tuner you don't get capped at CCC over-clock settings.

I could technically hit 750 or higher on a 4850 if I get a good draw on the card. Think it's worth it to bite with this deal? I'm skeptical about rebates.

Let's start an angry mob chant and walk down major streets, screaming "WE WANT FRYS!! WE WANT FRYS!!!" <repeat chant infinitely until death from starvation and thirst>

I'm in. But what happens when the confused passerby's just tell us to go to the McDonald's across the street?

:p

hehehe! got three (3) fry's close to my place.

edit: 15-30mins drive i would say

Last edited:
Likewise, I have three in my general vicinity, but one is really bad about not having sufficient (read: more than a handful) sale items at opening. Granted I realize sometimes these are discontinued items, but stuff like RAM sales really irritate me when I (used) to go there and find out that an hour after opening the two items they had were sold already. Thankfully, the new store that opened a couple years ago has a much more robust inventory system and keeps things in stock.

In most cases, yes Fry>Newegg especially for things like cases and power supplies where shipping can get rather pricey. However, a lot of times, the egg is just as comparable to fry's. Usually the shipping is about the same as the sales tax is here in Taxes I mean Texas on smaller lightweight items. Deciding factor is usually the need for quick gratification.

Back