• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Voltage problem with a old P4... Back in time!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mavvens

Hi gentlemen! (and maybe lady's) I'm new here and let's start with my problem.

Thanks to take time to read this message!
Appreciated.

I recently buy everything needed to cool as much as possible my PC to do a correct OC just for fun.
Even a Northbridge cooler have been installed...

First let's start with my configuration:

P4 Northwood 3.2 Ghz Socket 478
Corsair PC 3200 4 X 512 XMS 2.2.2.5 (1 pair version 1.1 the other version 1.2) Running at 2.5/2/2/5
Motherboard P4p800se
Radeon X800XL all-in-Wonder
Antec 380 power supply (recently tested and work fine)
And a 150 gig Seagate Hard drive.

I have OC my pc to 3.6 GHZ with 2.5/3/3/5 timing - Agp/PCI ratio 72.73/36.36 - fully stable but there is a little issue...

When I try to put more voltage on my CPU (More than 1.6 volts) I get a black screen.
I tryed many things like lower timing or change mem ratio. Nothing work...
I just don't get it. I have seen many review and readed alot on this and many user could go further than 1.60 volts. I don't understand why I can't make it. Do you know if there is any security device?

If I try to put the fsb at 230 and set the voltage to auto, I got a strange message that say that there is a malfunction in my BIOS and it is looking for a bootable device for p4p800se.rom...
Something like that.

CpuZ indicate a voltage of 1.616 to 1.664 even if I set it to 1.55 in the bios..
Normal?

My temp on full speed are:

44 for the CPU
38 for the Mobo
45 for the RAM

Idle:

33 CPU
35 Mobo
40 RAM

I got TONS of fan:
5 X 80mm
1 vga cooler
1 cpu cooler (zalman 9500 led)
1 pci 2 slot fan
yeah I know it's a kind of... abuse!
^^

To validate my OC I use:
OCCT
Everest
HWmonotor
CpuZ

There it is, if you have any suggestion, go ahead!
and thx again for helping|

PS: Sorry if my English skills are not perfect, but I need to keep practising!
;)

Back