• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

vtt voltage

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ala Almasri

Registered
after i overclock my pc nicely , and run perfectly , i asked my self why i dont push vtt voltage to the limit so i push it to 2 after applying this value pc didn't run at all , i tried to clear bios information like always by the jumper on my mother board , but nothing changed , no smell or anything it just wont run , i tried everything and still not works , so what do you think guys the damage will be on cpu or the motherboard ?

Last edited:
If you set 2V VTT then you probably killed memory controller which is in the CPU.
Check if there are any "beep" codes or anything else on your board that will tell you what is it. When CPU is dead then you usually won't hear any beep and diagnostic codes won't work.

Yes. 2v will kill instantly. Even under LN2 I dont think I went over 1.5 or 1.6 (could be wrong, been a long time since i benched that older CPU).

tomorrow my friend will get me new motherboard , is it possible that cpu is still working and motherboard is what get damage , or no chance ?

Assuming the IMC is on the CPU (you have yet to list what hardware you did this to...), I doubt a new motherboard will be the answer.

Nope. If a full on CMOS reset didn't do it. I am afraid that CPU is dead. You almost DOUBLED the voltage that is supposed to go to that processor man. These little things are robust, but not like that.

Back