• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

W7 Internal Error

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Berne

Hi,

Ive done most of the reinstall issues with some tweaking still no joy. To assist I caused the problem while messing with the USER menu....there were three Users listed and I thought hey I only need one here, so I deleted one of the users ( foolish I imagine )...myself being the sole user and administrator.

How can I reset the USER menu again to gain full functionality of W7PRO?

An example of the problem I seem to have caused is a pop up when I try to open a PDF.....message reads unable to open an internal error has occurred ?

All good advice welcome,

Berne:(

Im not really sure what is going on... you talk about users... but yet you are in windows so you have to be in a user already... then you mention PDFs but say its a windows problem?

The first place I would look is Adobe reader since you are trying to open a PDF.

Can you please take a screenshot of the error and post it here?

If its a windows error, reinstall windows.

Can you list your hardware specs? That would also be helpful.

For disable sandbox mode off follow these steps

1. Launch Reader X
2. Go to Edit option -> Preferences-> General
3. There is an option Enable protected mode at start up
4. Uncheck the checkbox and quit reader
5. Then try launching your pdf file

It`s a known bug since 2011. seemed to fix things for folks :)

Hi ,

No intent to confuse . Rather than spend days troubleshooting my own error I decided to take your advice and Im midstream of a full reinstall.

Thank you,

Berne

confused is my nominal state... sometimes I like to mash it up with a dash of clueless. :D

enjoy your evening havin a reboot, reboot, reboot... windows need to reboot to finish installing... and reboot. :salute:

Back