• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WAAAAAAAAAA! i burned my vtt mosfet..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
ok ill try.. its in the prommy and its a pain to take it out.. maybe i can get a closeup with it still in the case.. it aint pretty ,but it works...

Have you corrected your vtt mod yet flapp?
I'm interested in seeing the results :)

I didn't do the vtt mod when I had my system apart, and now I regret it for sure.
The prommy is a pain for sure!

crotale said:
Have you corrected your vtt mod yet flapp?
I'm interested in seeing the results :)

I didn't do the vtt mod when I had my system apart, and now I regret it for sure.
The prommy is a pain for sure!

oops didnt see any replies or i would have responded.. YES i soldered the new vtt mosfet on and corrected the position where the pot is to be installed.(other side of the the resistor) hipro marked the wrong side.. it works like a charm..perfectly.. only prob is i burned up my friggin mb and cpu last nite. i left my prommy on without computer running. built up ALOT of water and when i turned it on,POOF no more mb and cpu. i spent the rest of the nite banging my head against the wall. What a rookie dumb thing to do.
i had that badboy running 330/335 .fsb now im dead in the water..

Oh man that sucks. Isn't there a way to make the promy shut on and off with the computer?

I have been looking at the alternative methods of cooling and now I think the most extreme I will ever go will be watercooling. I don't have the resources to take risks with my parts like that...

yeah there is. i bought it used and the way the guy had it setup was to plug a transformer in the wall socket to start it.. so thats what i did ,then forgot went out cut the grass.came in turned on the computer like a dummy, of course the mb was sweating from the cold and it died. FLASH, i let the mb dry out put everything back together and unbelievably it BOOTED up!!! i cant beleve it.. u cant break this monster..

Congrats on the good luck flapperhead, your board is like some sort of rabid monster that just won't die, even when it's number comes up twice, and in quick succession too! :attn:

i just resently got a KV8 pro(with agp/pci lock yeay) and the Vtt on it wont push past 1.4**(sorry i accidently had typed 1.5 erlier) even at 3.2vdimm(thats unmoded, besides the DFI's thats the highest factory Vdimm i know of), but its worthless because the Vtt doesnt go above 1.4

Great, another one gets crossed off of my possible-buy A64 board list. Why can't Abit just get it right? As you said, they're popular because of a large enthusiast customer base, yet they don't live up to the good quality that's expected beyond stock use.

I would keep my eye on the ASUS A8V when the new revison comes out. I have been able to get up to 275 HTT (aka FSB) on mine, which is odd because it is a Rev. 1.02 and those have issues don't they? Well, mine did have some issues until I raised the v-link voltage from 1.5 to 1.6. I still haven't figured out what that setting is related to... :rolleyes:

I would buy some PC 4400 memory but I want to wait until I have some more cash.

Goldstandard said:
I would keep my eye on the ASUS A8V when the new revison comes out. I have been able to get up to 275 HTT (aka FSB) on mine, which is odd because it is a Rev. 1.02 and those have issues don't they? Well, mine did have some issues until I raised the v-link voltage from 1.5 to 1.6. I still haven't figured out what that setting is related to... :rolleyes:

I would buy some PC 4400 memory but I want to wait until I have some more cash.

boy it is wonderful working on a computer that should be ded.. hehehehe. i know this is off topic but just for info.komusa has a gig of the pc4200 hyperran with optional adata chipsfor 260.00. most will run 280-290mhz. if u need 300 mhz the only memory with a good chance is othe ocz pc el 4400

You know what the odd thing that I just figured out? When I set command rate to 2t, and the timings to 3 4 4 8 like on some 4000 or 4400 ram, I can easily get my ram up to 250 and I still have some headroom I think. It passed 12 runs of memtest too. If that is the case I doubt I would buy new ram unless it would run at 1t at 4000 and/or have tighter timings. I wonder if there will ever be 2 2 2 6 ram at ddr500. That would rock.

there is some bh5 that will run 250 at 2.2.2.6 but is rare and needs extra voltage. check out my thread in the memory section to bigtoe and seanomatic, i need ddr600 for my rig..

Back