• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Want to know other ppls oc settings for a MSI r5870 (not the lightning)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DannyHead86

Hey guys im keen to OC my video card and want to know what u guys have and also ur settings for catalyst control settings?? cheers

I use MSI Afterburner for overclocking my cards. I know nothing about CCC.

What I do know, is to download FurMark, or some other GPU stresstest. Raise the clock on your card, run FurMark for a few minutes to check for stability. Do this on your Core clock first, find your maximum, then back down a few MHz.

Next, reset the core clock and do the same thing with the memory. Once you find your max for both the memory and core clock, bump them back up to your maximum, then run FurMark once again.

Download msi afterburner

Max the volts and clock it :D

Dont do any of that furmark nonsense.

Why run benches that aren't worth boints?

Might want to go to the video card section then.

In these parts we're about maxing out performance in benchmarks, not daily gaming.

i dunno, nothing really. Just wanna push it to see wat i can get out of it.. Should i not bother??

I mean... You honestly won't notice a change in gameplay if you raise the FPS. However, you can run some benchmarks and see those scores greatly increase with overclocking. ;)

Your PC has plenty in the tank at stock, but who wants stock? Benchmarks are one place where going way overboard actually gives results. (In games, clocking faster doesn't make you better. But in benchmarking, clocking faster is the game. ;) )

I don't use CCC, I use Afterburner Extreme for both brand of gpu's.

How long do u run it for ??? i ran it for about 2 mins on 1920x1080 gpu u hit about 82.c and fps was about 37 - 41. Wat settings do u use??

had fullscreen on , Dynamic background ticked, and pushed Burn - IN test. i pusehd esc after about 2 mins as i was unsure weather it was going to stop..

Back