• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

watch me build a car PC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
OR if you want to go dumpster diving @ you local Dish network store! I find awesome stuff there! Ive got a huuuuuge box if antennas, at least 200 of em. receivers that overheated, with functional HDDs!!!! Never more than 20 gigs though :(

jivetrky said:
That sounds like a pretty cool idea. If you get an amplified antenna like damarble said, you could possibly drive around the city hitting internet access here and there. And you couuld park in a parking lot next to a wifi spot (or outside of someones house :) ) and use the internet :)

Something like that could be really easy... PDA sized almost. It could all (minus a display) fit into the space of a standard car stereo spot. A little wiring for the display in your dash, you are good to go.

Oh crap! I went skiing today and afterwards threw the skis in the trunk. They dripped snow into the computer! :bang head Was driving along then the screen when blank and there was a burnt smell in the car, did not make me happy. :(

So I need a new mobo, there's only one that works in my case, the Asus P4P800-VM, and I can't find the thing for less than $80. :bang head

thats what you get for using skis haha

snowboard 4 life!!!!!

(seriously tho, that sucks ***. i hope you get it back working. I'm still debating exactly how i want to go about my car pc)

splat said:
thats what you get for using skis haha

snowboard 4 life!!!!!

(seriously tho, that sucks ***. i hope you get it back working. I'm still debating exactly how i want to go about my car pc)

Hey now! I'd have got the same result from a snowboard! lol

Still haven't got anything resolved with this mobo. I'm rigging my old laptop to work in the meantime.

But yeah this is a good lesson for everyone, make sure you're carPC is mounted in a way that prevents it from getting wet!

BTW, I was going to go boarding (as I am unprejudiced and do both lol) today but the freaking 60mph winds changed my mind.

Back