• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WATERCOOL Hardware Rep available! Come in and chat with me!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Quick question. Is mounting the Industrial Line CPU waterblock an entirely DIY affair? Or are there brackets for different sockets? If DIY, are the dimensions available?

This is my first time looking at a all purpose GPU cooler. I have owned several complete blocks for the 6970, 7950, 280X, and 290X series cards. I would like to find one that will fit at least a ATI\AMD 5xxx and up and a Nvidia 4xx and up. What would you recommend???
Please check out our HEATKILLER GPU X³ Core series: they can come as complete standalone, GPU only blocks, or can be enhanced with a micro block to additionally liquid cool the vrms. The Core itself is compatible with most cards with a standard size PCB. The MicroSW-X blocks can be equipped with a new copper plate that can be cut to fit on any vrm layout.

Quick question. Is mounting the Industrial Line CPU waterblock an entirely DIY affair? Or are there brackets for different sockets? If DIY, are the dimensions available?
The coldplate is 40x40mm, the hole pattern is 52x52mm. Yes, you'd have to design and manufacture your own mounting mechanism. It also comes with a completely flat coldplate, instead of the slightly convex coldplate of our regular CPU blocks. That block is not targeted to end consumers, but to industrial customers who use it on a wide array of specialized appliances.

Dear Sir,

Your link to the http://shop.watercool.de/epages/WatercooleK.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/WatercooleK/Products/17000 (GPU Block Only) needs more information. I have several "Standard G1/4" threaded pumps, fittings, and radiators. Your Web Site for the HeatKiller GPU Block does not state that it has G1/4" threaded fittings that can be used on both sides. I (as a customer) would wonder if I needed to also purchase your fittings, pumps, and radiators so that everything fits.
The site Mentions but does not state that an additional copper plate is needed for compatability with AMDs 79xx and 280 series video cards. Do you need it or not (is not included with the product) for the product to work with those cards??

I'm fighting myself between EKWB's Thermosphere and your HEATKILLER® GPU-X³ Core LC. I have many products from EKWB and have had excellent results from them. Yours would be the first from your company BUT it also requires the least amount of additional parts.

Dear Sir,

Your link to the http://shop.watercool.de/epages/WatercooleK.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/WatercooleK/Products/17000 (GPU Block Only) needs more information. I have several "Standard G1/4" threaded pumps, fittings, and radiators. Your Web Site for the HeatKiller GPU Block does not state that it has G1/4" threaded fittings that can be used on both sides. I (as a customer) would wonder if I needed to also purchase your fittings, pumps, and radiators so that everything fits.
All our products always come with G1/4'' ports. Please see the Specs if unsure.
The site Mentions but does not state that an additional copper plate is needed for compatability with AMDs 79xx and 280 series video cards. Do you need it or not (is not included with the product) for the product to work with those cards??
The additional copper plate is needed if you want to install a Core on a 79X0 or R9 280X. If you want to install the Core to any other card, it is not needed.

Just to end my questions and let everyone know how I went.
I was ready to pull the trigger and buy the HEATKILLER® GPU-X³ Core LC. While shopping I noticed a small problem (FOR ME) in your Superior GPU cooler. I'm currently looking at cooling Nvidia's 88xx series Through GTX 6xx series and also AMD's HD-2xxx Through R9 2xx series GPU's. The HEATKILLER® GPU-X³ Core LC was only compatible with the AMD's HD-5xxx Through RX series and Nvidia's GTX 4xx Through GTX Titan series.
The EKWB's Thermosphere was more exspensive but with the additional adapter (purchased seperately) it worked for all of the GPU's that I needed cooled.

Thank You For Your Time And Help

Announcement:

View attachment 197238

I'LLBE GOING TO PAX EAST! In just one month, we could meet each other!!! So who's coming? Who wants to see all our products, grab some discount codes, see some show cases, and just have a good time with me and our friends of ModMyMods?

bah its in bahstan MA. toooo far away from me to go. have fun and hook us up with some rgb pics! haha

Who wants a glimpse into the future? In this special case: the future of our GPU block design!

View attachment 197629

View attachment 197630

Source: http://watercool.de/en/news So get your wallets out, April 19th is waiting for you :)

Next topic:
A great Youtuber asked us for a sponsoring for a pretty amazing project. Here is part1 of the build:

In unrelated news: Friday and Monday are Bank holidays in Germany, so there will be no order processing and shipping. From Tuesday on, we will continue with normal operations. I myself will not, though: I fly to Boston, MA, on Saturday, and will make final preparations for PAX East. I will have a Laptop with me and check both mails and forums from time to time, but please understand that it might take me a few days to see and answer questions - I will be pretty busy interacting with (hopefully) super many of you guys in RL

Till then: Happy Easter, you guys!

hey jakob ive got a suggestion for you guys!
nvm i found most of what im looking for at www.modmymods.com

haha great minds and all that jazz.

Last edited:
It's TEASER-TIME!

View attachment 199941

So, what are you looking at? This is the main component of our soon-to-come controller System! Some main features:
- extremely compact in size: with only 82x67x15mm, the main PCB can be installed on the backside of the mainboard tray, hiding all the cables. It is also compatible with standard 2,5'' mounting points, but is so lightweight that we actually plan to just add some good velcro for ultimate mounting flexibility.
- Modular Bus system. With a single 4pin Bus cable, an optional Display unit can be connected. This unit comes with an OLED and will be able to configure and control the whole loop without an array of buttons. It can be installed in 5,25'' front bays or can come with an external housing to sit neatly on your desktop.
- Four separately controllable fan channels, each can carry up to 2 Ampere. These channels are also compatible with PWM fans. Additionally, two PWM pumps can be installed.

-Wide sensor input: you can use up to four standard NTC Tempsensors. But you can also use our new HPT (HighPerformanceTemperatureprobe) Sensors - fully digital sensors with improved accuracy. A Flow sensor (will also be available at Watercool) can also be controlled.

- RGB everything: a header for programmable RGB LEDs is already integrated into the controller!
- ATX breaker contact: to power off the system in the case of an emergency.
- Power comes from an adapter cable directly from a PSU Molex connector.

The system already runs in some industrial appliances. We are currently finalizing the end-user software applications, and aim to release the whole system until X-mas 2018!

Awesome. Great to see another PWM controller in the market with a assortment of features.

The one question to many will be, what are the other add on's and how much will this all cost? :p

Our Announcement/Teaser is well received! Through all the platforms and forums, I received a ton of questions. Please understand that I can't answer everything: some things aren't finalized yet and we are looking for your feedback, some things we on't want to talk about yet to not give hints to the competition - and some suggestions from the users flat out got us by surprise! So we are still asking for your ideas, suggestions, feedback - I'll read it all!
So here's my (incomplete) list of answers right now:
- Power delivery: there will be adapter cables for SATA and Molex available, so you can chooesewhich connector suits you best.
- Heat: we are using a highly efficient system, so the components do not heat up at all. The housing is completely made from aluminum, so it can dissipate the little heat that might arise easily. The controller does not requie an additional cooler or fan.
- Software: the system will be compatible with Windows and Linux.
- Integration: we will try to integrate as many third partysensor systems as possible. High on our list: HWinfo and Riva Tuner.
- Flow sensor: at launch, there will be a mechanical flow sensor available from Watercool. The software will be perfectly trimmed to this flow sensor. We also have plans for a non-mechanical flow sensor, but it's uncertain if and when we'll ever get that to end customer market.
- Additional connections: you will be able to hook up two controllers. One will function in "slave mode" and only supply additional connectors and channels, if needed.
- Display: there will be two display units: one will be mounted in a 5,25'' bay, and the other will come with it's own external housing that can be placed anywhere within cable reach to the controller. Both units will offer a simple, intuitive input device that can control and configure all relevant parts of the controller.
- LEDs: we currently have one 3pin header for adressable/programmable RGB LEDs available. We are thinking about adding a second header, so you can even run two independent LED cycles in your system.
- Price: there is no price point set yet. It will be competitive! And given it's a modular system, you'll be able to tailor the right control ecosystem for your own needs!

We appreciate your input and support and look forward to your feedback!

Our Announcement/Teaser is well received! Through all the platforms and forums, I received a ton of questions. Please understand that I can't answer everything: some things aren't finalized yet and we are looking for your feedback, some things we on't want to talk about yet to not give hints to the competition - and some suggestions from the users flat out got us by surprise! So we are still asking for your ideas, suggestions, feedback - I'll read it all!
So here's my (incomplete) list of answers right now:
- Power delivery: there will be adapter cables for SATA and Molex available, so you can chooesewhich connector suits you best.
- Heat: we are using a highly efficient system, so the components do not heat up at all. The housing is completely made from aluminum, so it can dissipate the little heat that might arise easily. The controller does not requie an additional cooler or fan.
- Software: the system will be compatible with Windows and Linux.
- Integration: we will try to integrate as many third partysensor systems as possible. High on our list: HWinfo and Riva Tuner.
- Flow sensor: at launch, there will be a mechanical flow sensor available from Watercool. The software will be perfectly trimmed to this flow sensor. We also have plans for a non-mechanical flow sensor, but it's uncertain if and when we'll ever get that to end customer market.
- Additional connections: you will be able to hook up two controllers. One will function in "slave mode" and only supply additional connectors and channels, if needed.
- Display: there will be two display units: one will be mounted in a 5,25'' bay, and the other will come with it's own external housing that can be placed anywhere within cable reach to the controller. Both units will offer a simple, intuitive input device that can control and configure all relevant parts of the controller.
- LEDs: we currently have one 3pin header for adressable/programmable RGB LEDs available. We are thinking about adding a second header, so you can even run two independent LED cycles in your system.
- Price: there is no price point set yet. It will be competitive! And given it's a modular system, you'll be able to tailor the right control ecosystem for your own needs!

We appreciate your input and support and look forward to your feedback!

That's a lot of great info. Thanks Jakob. :thup:

A big german reviewer site just received a full pimped out MO-RA set from us to utilize in their upcoming test series of a "high core count CPU with extremely high TDP". Gee, what could that be... Anyways, we grabbed the opportunity to simply machine and test a design idea that was floating around for quite some time, so please check out this laser cut MO-RA3 fan grill version:
View attachment 200658

View attachment 200659

As I said, it's a unique piece and a prototype as of now. Right now, it's also custom fitted for the Noctua 200m fans (how do you like them in black, btw?). But depending on the feedback from the community (that means you crazy guys ), we might turn this into a standard fan grill version available in the shop. So how do you like it: is it hot or not?

Back