• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WATERCOOL Hardware Rep available! Come in and chat with me!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I was asked about measurements of the whole res in another forum and figured, you guys might be interested in it too, so here they are:
Diameter tube: 65mm
Length of tube: 100/150/200mm

Additional length of top: 18.5mm
Additional lenght DDC version: 47.3mm
Additional length D5 version: 73.4mm (measured till lower edge of D5)

The combined outer measurements including the struts is always 70x70mm.

And I have pictures of the D5 version for you guys that I still owed you:

Heatkiller_Tube_preview_007.jpg

Heatkiller_Tube_preview_008.jpg

Heatkiller_Tube_preview_009.jpg

Finally, we recieved a lot of feedback of people who want additional 1/4 threads in the top. We are now presenting to versions and are interested in your opinion:
1. The bayonet catch gets one G1/4 port in the middle. It's also possible to mount a downpipe there to reduce dripping. (version 1A): Two or three G1/4Ports, but without the possibility of a downpipe.
2. The bayonet catch is discarded, and you get three G1/4 ports in a standard top, with downpipes includable.

Or don't you care about ports in the top and are just happy with the huge filling opening?

For my case, I'd want 3 ports in the top. One for filling, one for the CPU return line.
Otherwise I'd need to use a bit more tubing and do some fancy bends to get it hooked up to the rads below. :)

I'm happy that you guys like it :)

But, I wanted to share some other info with you guys: we set ourselves final deadlines for the 1080 water blocks!
Non-plated waterblocks: June 15th
Plated water blcoks: June 29th
Black eBC backplate: June 29th

The water blocks are listed in our shop as of now. Preorders are accepted as of now and will be rewarded with a 10% discount. From the respective release dates on, the full price will be charged.

And yes, our water blocks are 100% compatible with the new NVIDIA SLI bridges. Sometimes, waiting two weeks pays out ;)

that is nice, im not sure who actually makes this pump. PCP doesnt list the 3.6k rpm one any more
http://www.performance-pcs.com/alphacool-dc-lt-2400-low-noise-ceramic-12v-dc-pump-bulk-version.html
any chance you might be able to that pump on that res or do you guys have a smaller pump/res combo like that? i have been looking around for a pump that is cheaper since im just doing cpu cooling in the loop. alot of pumps like the D5, mcp's are just more then i need.
Uhm, I'm not exactly sure what your question is. To my knowledge, this pump is made by alphacool, another german company that we are not affiliated with. No, that pump will not fit on our new HEATKILLER Tube series of reservoirs. No, we do not hae another small scale pump or pump/res combination.

Was that helpful to you?

Jakob I have a question for you.

Where can I get that pump res combo? I looked at your store and didn't see them.

Ah, there might have been a misunderstanding! The HEATKILLER® Tube series will be released end of June. And I brought you a couple of new pics, all from the different mounting solutions:

This is the standalone mount for placement on the ground (also visible the black struts):
Heatkiller_Tube_preview_013.jpg

This is the MO-RA3 mount:
Heatkiller_Tube_preview_012.jpg

And finally two pics from the multifunctional clamps, attached to the mounting brackets for 120mm radiators. on the second picture, you can also see the decoupling in between the two brackets:
Heatkiller_Tube_preview_010.jpg

Heatkiller_Tube_preview_011.jpg

And if you wondered about pictures or the design of the 1080 water blocks: it will be oriented towards our Fury X water blocks, with the same range of versions. Sadly, the 3D renderings are not cleared to publish, and the product pictures not taken yet, so you'll have to wait a couple days more...

OK, thanks for the update. I'll look forward to adding them to my next build at the end of June if the prices are reasonable.

Love what you guys are doing. Always innovating and the brackets to the big rads are always nice to see.

I do have a question about two pump in series solution. Have any with a reservoir in the works? Would surely keep me interested if I were to move from a dual bay res + dual pump series setup.

Also, any GPU blocks for the EVGA Classifieds or are these just reference blocks? Big fan of acetal and copper.

I recieved a couple of questions in different forums, and I'm trying to keep everyone on the same level of knowledge, so I'll just answer everything everywhere :) Please give me a heads-up if I missed your question!
I feel like a see-through section for the actual coolant flow path coupled with a shroud on the outside makes most sense for those who want see-through blocks and also full length PCB coverage (http://shop.watercool.de/epages/WatercooleK.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/WatercooleK/Products/15040 and http://shop.watercool.de/epages/WatercooleK.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/WatercooleK/Products/15037, for example).
Yup, that's exactly how the 1080 blocks will look like.

How does the de-coupling work on the reservoir multifunctional clamps? Is it a 2 piece bracket with screws in the middle or something else holding them together?

I let pictures speak for themselves:
HK_Tube_decoupling_01.jpg

HK_Tube_decoupling_02.jpg

And obviously, the rubber standoffs are wide enough so that no metal parts touch ech other.

Will the HEATKILLER® waterblock be compatible to EVGA Hydrocopper or EVGA Classified? (or any other special subbrand of any manufacturer?)
In previous GTX generations, Hydrocopper-labeled cards were usually reference PCBs, Classified-labeled cards were usualy non-reference. We guarantee our HEATKILLER® block will be compatible wih any card with a reference PCB. So, presumably, it will be compatible with the Hydrocopper, but not with the Classified. Since both cards are not released yet, we obviously haven't seen a PCB with our own eyes, so we can't tell definitely. Pleasecleck with the Compatibility list BEFORE purchasing a water block.

I do have a question about two pump in series solution. Have any with a reservoir in the works? Would surely keep me interested if I were to move from a dual bay res + dual pump series setup.
We are planning on new pump tops that will be in the same design as the HEATKILLER® Tube series. There will be a Dual D5 pump top. We are not sure if it will be possible to mount it directly to the res, as with the single D5, or if it will have to be seperate from the res. We are still open for wishes concerning pump tops, though! I myself am not convinced of multi-pumps and run a rather large loop with one single DDC1+T, so: if you wish for dual pump tops, do you wish those pumps to be in serial or in paralell?

We are currently recieving a lot of questions about the mounting struts of the Tube series. When ordering from our own shop, you will be able to configure exactly that singular setup of height, colors, tops and pumps that you wish for. Through our resellers, you will only get a certain set of standard variations. We are currently trying to figure out which strut- color-variation you people would like the most. Please feel free to submit your opinion in this poll in the WATERCOOL forum. All participants that voted while being logged in with a user account to our forum will go into a draw. The winner will recieve a free HEATKILLER® Tube in desired configuration (including one mounting kit of your choosing, without a pump).

Hello WATERCOOL-Jakob,

Somewhere on this thread you mentioned a re design of your current rads...

Would the future release of those rads be less restrictive as of now they are one of the most restrictive rads out there i just wonder if that will be considered in the next batch of rads. Hopefully also without solder flux which is a major pro in my book regarding your rads since they are round tubed. Your feedback is welcome thanks in advance.

Hello WATERCOOL-Jakob,

Somewhere on this thread you mentioned a re design of your current rads...

Would the future release of those rads be less restrictive as of now they are one of the most restrictive rads out there i just wonder if that will be considered in the next batch of rads. Hopefully also without solder flux which is a major pro in my book regarding your rads since they are round tubed. Your feedback is welcome thanks in advance.
Thanks for the input! Our design for the next gernation of radiators acutally does take this in account. We want to make them way less restrictive!

@ WATERCOOL-Jakob

I am really glad you are here and I would like to say I am totally 100% pleased with every Watercool product I have purchased I have been running an MO-RA3 180LT for over 3 years it has 4 Silverstone FM181 180mm x 32mm cooling fans mounted on it with 20mm Phobya Shrouds in a push configuration, and it is a cooling Monster with that combination.

Previously I was running 2 EVGA GTX580s in SLI and both were using the Heatkiller full coverage water blocks, the fit was engineered so precise on those GPUs that I actually could use TIM on the memory chips and the voltage regulators with excellent contact, I did not use the supplied memory pads, so my compliments to German engineering.

I absolutely love the new reservoirs!

Thank You for your time here! :)

Oh, I do have one question, do the Watercool MO-RA3 radiators use O-ring seals on the internal tubes or are they soldered?

Oh, I do have one question, do the Watercool MO-RA3 radiators use O-ring seals on the internal tubes or are they soldered?

The MO-RA3 line indeed does use O-rings for internal sealing. But we actually also offer a industrial line of radiators which is completely soldered. These radiators are cleared for pressure up to 10bar.

Hey friends,
I can give you the first infos and show you the first pics of the new HEATKILLER® IV for the GTX 1070 and 1080. We can waive the “XL” by now, the new water blocks are released only in this form factor that covers the whole PCB.

Of course, we have the typical HEATKILLER® IV trademarks on board. These include very low restriction and elaborate cooling structure. The central flow design ensures even further reduction of restriction.

Precut thermal pads and isolating standoffs provide an easy mounting. The stainless steel frame can be removed for maintenance. A massive piece of machined acetal ensures a homogenous and even transition between the water block and the graphics card. Another highlight hides beneath this piece…

It is now possible to install a preassembled LED-strip inside of the water block! These LED-Strips are compatible to the power supply of the graphics card. We even crimped the exact matching connector to it. Hence, it can be supplied directly by the graphics card, there are no more irritating cables.
The LED Strip can be controlled via the Nvidia Geforce Experience Tool. It can be dimmed, blink or pulsate. We offer the LED-strips as additional accessories in the colors white, red and blue.

We will release other versions of the water block. Soon, we will release a nickel plated version, along with versions with black frames. A water block with Acetal Top concludes the series. Matching eBC backplates will also be released in short time.

Of course, the new HEATKILLER® IV are compatible with the new Geforce SLI-HB bridge.

And here are the pics:

HK_IV_GTX1080_pure_copper_02.jpg

HK_IV_GTX1080_pure_copper_01.jpg

HK_IV_GTX1080_pure_copper_03.jpg

HK_IV_GTX1080_pure_copper_04.jpg

HK_IV_GTX1080_pure_copper_05.jpg

That really is great news!

I'm a fan of a black frame with acetal. Hope the backplate comes in black as well with some etched writing based on the GPU it is cooling.

Like the fact that the LEDs will somehow be controlled from Nvidia's software. I just hoped the LEDs were RBG and you could pick a choice of color but can't complain. Also, if this was possible, something similar to other manufacturer blocks is if there's a illumination on the acetal in/out portion that can have a interchangeable plate so you can get a customized name of the GPU's manufacturer, product line and or a custom design on it based on one's themed build. Kind of like the Swiftech XL CPU block sold at PPC.

I will steer away from nickel though since I'm heard several times from folks having issues to a manufacturer that distilled and a biocide can have a negative effect with a nickel based loop. I like sticking with acetal, copper and silver based products. Haven't had one issue for almost 5+ years now.

Last but not least I will say, I might be eyeing you guys when and if they release a GTX 1080 Ti line as I'm looking to upgrade by than.

Can't wait and keep us posted.

Hey friends,
I can give you the first infos and show you the first pics of the new HEATKILLER® IV for the GTX 1070 and 1080. We can waive the “XL” by now, the new water blocks are released only in this form factor that covers the whole PCB.

Of course, we have the typical HEATKILLER® IV trademarks on board. These include very low restriction and elaborate cooling structure. The central flow design ensures even further reduction of restriction.

Precut thermal pads and isolating standoffs provide an easy mounting. The stainless steel frame can be removed for maintenance. A massive piece of machined acetal ensures a homogenous and even transition between the water block and the graphics card. Another highlight hides beneath this piece…

It is now possible to install a preassembled LED-strip inside of the water block! These LED-Strips are compatible to the power supply of the graphics card. We even crimped the exact matching connector to it. Hence, it can be supplied directly by the graphics card, there are no more irritating cables.
The LED Strip can be controlled via the Nvidia Geforce Experience Tool. It can be dimmed, blink or pulsate. We offer the LED-strips as additional accessories in the colors white, red and blue.

We will release other versions of the water block. Soon, we will release a nickel plated version, along with versions with black frames. A water block with Acetal Top concludes the series. Matching eBC backplates will also be released in short time.

Of course, the new HEATKILLER® IV are compatible with the new Geforce SLI-HB bridge.

And here are the pics:

HK_IV_GTX1080_pure_copper_02.jpg

HK_IV_GTX1080_pure_copper_01.jpg

HK_IV_GTX1080_pure_copper_03.jpg

HK_IV_GTX1080_pure_copper_04.jpg

HK_IV_GTX1080_pure_copper_05.jpg

how exactly would these run in sli? is there a separate block that links these together? or just fittings and pipes between them?

Back