• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WC assistace, please......

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Cool, red tubing it is! So no additives or anything is needed? Also, someone mentioned a silver killcoil (or coil?)....

Ahh, all good. :)

Cool, red tubing it is! So no additives or anything is needed? Also, someone mentioned a silver killcoil (or coil?)....

Ahh, all good. :)

Umm, it's in the stickies. Your rushing it. Since you don't want to slow down and learn on your own, I'll try to help. Hopefully once you get the stuff you won't make a BIG mistake and ruin $$$ of stuff. Since your rushing it. It's a HOBBY.

You need distilled water and a biocide. That can be a Killcoil, IanH Deadwater, Petra's PHN Nuke or Mayhems. The silver is a thin strip under $10 that fits in the TUBING and releases ions that are deadly to growths, lats forever. The biocide is a teeny bottle (many many applications) where you add 2-4 drops, depending on the one you buy. It's on the label.

And you don't know about fittings and tubing?:bang head Ahem. Comon Dude, read and learn. I'm not a 8th grade science teacher payed to help a kid who has no reason to learn if he can get it free. This is getting pretty old pretty fast.:rain:

Please don't become a :facepalm:

Yipes! Points taken.

I appreciate the help all the same and will suss it out from here.

Thanks all, it's greatly appreciated.

Hey, we are glad to help, but you really need to understand this stuff. It is your stuff. Please take the time to read and learn first. It's a hobby, not a goal.

Take your time. The ones who do it right hang out for a few WEEKS, (I spent 3 months long ago before posting my first parts list for review) and read posts and just learn. Some really fail bad, many hack through it and have bazillions of minor issues easily learned if they slowed down.

We can help but it's really up to you, not us, k?

Hey, we are glad to help, but you really need to understand this stuff. It is your stuff. Please take the time to read and learn first. It's a hobby, not a goal.

Take your time. The ones who do it right hang out for a few WEEKS, (I spent 3 months long ago before posting my first parts list for review) and read posts and just learn. Some really fail bad, many hack through it and have bazillions of minor issues easily learned if they slowed down.

We can help but it's really up to you, not us, k?

All good mate. Well understood. :)

And you were right, not that I was suggesting that you weren't. The Stickies had all the info about the tubing sizes, haha (boy is my face red!)! :chair:

I've decided on 7/16 tubing. I guess because it's inbetween 3/8 and 1/2. Apparently temps don't differ too much between the sizes and flow rates aren't too different. Would you personally go 7/16 over 3/8? Having asked that, I'm not too sure on your loop, but mine won't be anything large-scale, just a few rads, cpu, sli gpus, res, pump.

Again, thanks.

What Conundrum is very true i spent 3 months or more just reading about PC water cooling and yet, i don't know a faction of Conumdrum knows! He has been doing this for years!! So please try to listen when he is trying to tell you something.

When he posted in my own thread the other day i was very happy to see him, because the advice he gives is top notch!! AJ.

I've actually decided on 3/8 tubing, on as it's smaller and apparently there isn't too much difference in temps and water flow rates. :)

Thanks all again for your help! :)

Thanks.

Can you offer any ideas on fans? I'm pretty keen for red LEDs. I've seen a few that I like, one of the fans I prefer has a max. static pressure of 1.74. Is that classed as good?

Most fan makers use differing methods to measure static pressure. The rated number is about as useful as comparing monitors via the "dynamic contrast" stat.

What fan are you looking at, specifically? I think Yate Loons come in a version with clear plastic frames and LED lights. They're good for the price but not top performers. They're good, just not great.

Back