• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WC Rig: Lian-li PC75B vs v1000B

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

goodgod

My project is in preliminary phase right now and i'm looking for a lian-li case to put all my WC rig inside (final parts to be decided later, comment if you want). What would you recommend to fit that:

A8n-SLI
Opteron 165
2X1gb ocz platinum
enermax liberty psu
lg dvd-rw
Evga 7900gt superclocked
x-fi extreme music
wd 250 gig SATA 16m

WC:
MCP350 pump
Any 2X120mm rad (probably danger den)
DD TDX A64 water block 3/8"
Swiftech MCW60 VGA 3/8" Water Block
PrimoFlex 3/8" ID PVC Clear Tubing
Thermaltake AquaBay M1 Flow and Level Indicator (not sure, people seems to hate it)

The v1000b looks very clean and is on wheels, i love portable pcs as i go to LAN sometimes, but the PC75 could fit a 3X120mm rad and more place for the WC setup.

goodgod said:
My project is in preliminary phase right now and i'm looking for a lian-li case to put all my WC rig inside (final parts to be decided later, comment if you want). What would you recommend to fit that:

A8n-SLI
Opteron 165
2X1gb ocz platinum
enermax liberty psu
lg dvd-rw
Evga 7900gt superclocked
x-fi extreme music
wd 250 gig SATA 16m

WC:
MCP350 pump
Any 2X120mm rad (probably danger den)
DD TDX A64 water block 3/8"
Swiftech MCW60 VGA 3/8" Water Block
PrimoFlex 3/8" ID PVC Clear Tubing
Thermaltake AquaBay M1 Flow and Level Indicator (not sure, people seems to hate it)

The v1000b looks very clean and is on wheels, i love portable pcs as i go to LAN sometimes, but the PC75 could fit a 3X120mm rad and more place for the WC setup.

The PC65 is an option, however you will loose the use of the upper 2 bays if you install a 2 x 120mm as I did.

Attachments

• Copy of PC65_Side View.jpg
    Copy of PC65_Side View.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 180
thanks, the pc 65b would be a cheaper option, but i really love the v1000b now that I've read so much about it and realized that you can fit a 3X120mm rad in it! You lose 1 or 2 front 5.25" though but it worths the lost. I guess my choice will be between those two, depending on what budget I'll get.

you could buy a cheap server case(theyre huge)

and cut your own window and do your own paintjob and do some LED **** with it and mod it to your liking

alot of work, but IMO that'll be more fun and rewarding

but ive heard alot about the lan-li's(good stuff) so maybe go with that(you could always wait a bit if you dont have the money rihght now)\

goodgod said:
thanks, the pc 65b would be a cheaper option, but i really love the v1000b now that I've read so much about it and realized that you can fit a 3X120mm rad in it! You lose 1 or 2 front 5.25" though but it worths the lost. I guess my choice will be between those two, depending on what budget I'll get.
No contest, it's a beautiful case. Are you quite sure you can fit a 3x120mm radiator on the inner top cover surface? Based on the images I've viewed, it looks like there would be interference with boards plugged into the PCI slots. Assuming you use 38mm fans, the radiator will be that amount below the top cover. You will loose 2 drive bays, that's a given.

Last edited:
Premmer said:
No contest, it's a beautiful case. Are you quite sure you can fit a 3x120mm radiator on the inner top cover surface? Based on the images I've viewed, it looks like there would be interference with boards plugged into the PCI slots. Assuming you use 38mm fans, the radiator will be that amount below the top cover. You will loose 2 drive bays, that's a given.

and actually, I think I'm going to buy the 1200b w/ Full View window at Performance-pcs.com, because it's 13cm longer than the 1000b, which will be useful to put two handles and a 3X120mm rad in the case :)

Back