• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WD RMA

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FlailBoy

Just recently I had to replace a basically brand new WD 1TB Caviar Blue. It just failed one day. It was the first WD drive I have ever had fail on me-even running PCI clocks on my KT boards as high as about 38.

Set up the RMA on the website, shipped it, and had a replacement drive at my house in about 8 days. Up and running.

Great service, IMO. :thup:

8 days... christ they are getting slow.

A couple of year back I had to RMA a drive.
Within 2 days I had a replacement sat on my desk.Boxed up the fubar'd one and sent it back.

Should have clarified-this was also over a weekend/New Year's Day so still very satisfied. And I also did the standard RMA (ship the old one back first).

Mine was a standard RMA, although they do place a hold on x amount of money using your credit card until they receive the faulty unit.

Still, take out the weekend and NYD that still leaves 5 working days.
Bit **** IMO

Mine was a standard RMA, although they do place a hold on x amount of money using your credit card until they receive the faulty unit.

Bit **** IMO

You do realize they probably didn't have it anywhere close to all 8 days right? Shipping takes a real long time in some places. I mean, I was in the same boat. Had to RMA one of my Hitachi drives from my NAS over the holidays. I watched the tracking, and the day after they received it I got an email saying the replacement shipped. Took a week to get to me.

I don't know where FlailBoy is, but I'm on the East coast of the US. Hitachi had me send it to the West coast. They then have to send it back to the East coast, and since they are they are already losing money by replacing the drive, I'm not expecting they'll spend the extra bucks to send it overnight.

Bit **** IMO

if they place a hold on your c.c. then it aint a standard return mate. thats advanced. Standard is you ship the get then they ship. Advanced they hold funds they ship you get you ship. No way are they gonna send you a drive on your promise to ship back the old one. been dealing with WD for over 20 years I always do advanced.

Never an issue with them except the last time I rma'd a Black 640Gb drive and they emailed saying a blue 1TB drive was being sent. I called them up and within 30 mins (hold time included) I had a 1Tb Black en-route to me with return shipping labels for both drives. WD customer service / RMA gets a huge thumbs up from me.

Yes, WD, i guess they are getting better and better. I had advanced RMA about 5-6 months ago. I had received free shipping label and replacement drive was received within 3 days.That replacement drive failed to pass test today.
and they are doing Advance RMA without creditcard and upgraded 500GB blue drive to 1TB Black. I am expecting to receive replacemet drive in about 3 days (I am in East Coast) and will have 30 days to return failing drive.
On top Return shipping label is provided.
You can not ask anything more than that, just wish their drives last a bit longer.
My 80GB PATA drive from 2005 is still running great but new drives are failing every 6months to 1 year.

Back