• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Weird Mouse lags (sometimes keyboard)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Haha, thats the only reason I chimed in on this thread. Friend of mine would have these weird lag sessions on her mouse and keyboard, happened anywhere from 30 seconds to even 5 minutes long! Usually happened around lunch or dinner time tho ;)

If I get near a wireless router or microwave with my G930 I get all kinds of static and disconnects :rofl:

Are you sitting very close to a wireless router or microwave by chance?
hmm, great idea ! i thought of my phone, because my phone is inch from my mouse :D but turning it off and putting it FAR away (in kitchen :D didn't work either)

but i got a stupid Wireless router underneath my desk( feet :p ) i heard a lot about that mouse, i heard many good stories about it, also my cousin has G700s but its only a month! maybe he'll get it soon,

i think its best to sell it and get a mouse, like G600, because my old MX518 is now not accurate and good for me:| also its horribly weared down !

our microwave is so far, but makes our tv and everything go blinking xD

Also a important note, my router uses WiMAX !!!

anyway my next mouse will not be wireless, i only bought wireless because this mouse was only available in wireless , i don't get point of gaming with wireless unless you got a laptop ! i bought it because it had ridicules ergonomics and shape, and everything i needed ! (enough DPI-optical-6 buttons for wow, i don't play anymore :S) first time i picked it up it felt like im in a batman vehicle :D

about the NVM post , i meant never mind !!! sorry for using these words, i posted something and realized it was a mistake so i changed it :D

that was brilliant :D i didn't even think about that:D i guess i thought of my brothers router, but mines underneath me so i forgot about it :D

Saturday i will try that for sure,!!!!

Wireless router under desk, that's your problem.

My G700 is wired and wireless, meaning that it sends data over the USB cable if you plug it in.
Its pretty similar to your mouse if you want to look at getting one.

as my mouse isn't here, i ask my father if he can bring hes m25 or something to me !its a wireless simple non gaming mouse, i gifted to him ! lol

i will try it, if its the problem then, CHEERS ! if its not im gonna hit my head to wall, (i guess for 99% that's the problem)

i guess im gonna sell it if anyone would buy it :D, i guess i will get the G600 :|/cry i guess i sell it for like 49$, (its 69$) to a friend or something :D don't know any gamer, or at least anyone interested in computers around me :|

will tell you what happened once i find out:) thanks for help!

Unfortunately, thats not apples to apples. They may use an entirely different frequency, different type of IR signal, too many variables for that. HOWEVER, if it doesn't work, well you have your answer for sure.

Unfortunately, thats not apples to apples. They may use an entirely different frequency, different type of IR signal, too many variables for that. HOWEVER, if it doesn't work, well you have your answer for sure.

Bob, you beat me to it!
Silly work distracting me from the forums...

ME TOO!!!

Anyway, enough threadjack, let us know when you have tried the other mouse over there Kamran :)
well, my father brought back he's M235 from work few minutes ago, i placed the mouse on front of router and tried hard to look at monitor !!! still it was moving so smooth, no lags or anything at all, then i went like 4 meters away and placed it on my brothers router ,still, the mouse was working (i only saw that the mouse went right)! im now pretty sure its mouse's problem:( i'm going to tell them that the other wireless mouse from Logitech works smoothly, but i don't think they're going to listen, even when i send it to them they weren't listening to me at all, also they gave me a paper, in problem field they wrote mouse error ! also they wrote my mouse model as G400s, i saw the guy had hard timer trying to read my mouse model, i said i got a video of the problem he didn't want to see it, they said we try it here and if we saw the problem ourselves , we will replace it after 2 days of waiting i called them to see what happened , they told me its ready, it have been ready the day before that buy they didn't call me at all ! (they told me we will call you) than i was happy ! than they told me come and get your old mouse back its fine, i said : as i told you this happenes from like once a month to like a week, they told me we will keep it here for a week!

I'm quoting this so you'll read it again Kamran.

When you get your mouse back, try using it with the router unplugged.

I'm quoting this so you'll read it again Kamran.

When you get your mouse back, try using it with the router unplugged.
oh, i thought he means that this will no cause any problems to mouse wireless connection and that's not the problem, but ok i i will try it ! i understood that wrong !

im going tomarrow, my father had something to do :|

Last edited:
its almost 2 hours im working with it, no lag yet, i thought i noticed something but im not sure it was lag, once it lagged im gonna try without my wimax router off

im currently trying with everything normal, no lag so far but once i notice it i will start examining it ! also i know that lags happen in lag streams, once first one happenes it will be like every min for a short time !

Are there any other routers running in the room?
Anything that'll give off 2.4GHz could be the culprit.

Are there any other routers running in the room?
Anything that'll give off 2.4GHz could be the culprit.
i dont know anything else that uses 2.4Ghz :( or atleast wireless, expect my phone, i also tried putting that like 10m away and turning it off
router is still of it just did it again:(

Sources of interference
◾Microwave ovens: Using your microwave oven near your computer, Bluetooth device, or Wi-Fi base station may cause interference.
◾Direct Satellite Service (DSS): The coax cable and connectors used with certain types of satellite dishes may cause interference. Check the cable for damage and obtain newer cables if you suspect RF leakage issues.
◾Certain external electrical sources such as power lines, electrical railroad tracks, and power stations.
◾2.4 GHz or 5 GHz phones: A cordless telephone that operates in this range may cause interference with wireless devices or networks when used.
◾Video senders (transmitters/receivers) that operate in the 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz bandwidth.
◾Wireless speakers that operate in the 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz band.
◾Certain external monitors and LCD displays: Certain displays may emit harmonic interference, especially in the 2.4GHz band between channels 11 and 14. This interference may be at its worst if you have a portable computer with the lid closed and an external monitor connected to it. Try changing your access point to use 5 Ghz or a lower 2.4 GHz channel.
◾Any other wireless devices that operate in the 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz bandwidth (microwaves, cameras, baby monitors, neighbors' wireless devices, and so on).

Source (unfortunately it is from Apple, but a very good list)

Back