• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Weird Mouse lags (sometimes keyboard)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Sources of interference
◾Microwave ovens: Using your microwave oven near your computer, Bluetooth device, or Wi-Fi base station may cause interference.
◾Direct Satellite Service (DSS): The coax cable and connectors used with certain types of satellite dishes may cause interference. Check the cable for damage and obtain newer cables if you suspect RF leakage issues.
◾Certain external electrical sources such as power lines, electrical railroad tracks, and power stations.
◾2.4 GHz or 5 GHz phones: A cordless telephone that operates in this range may cause interference with wireless devices or networks when used.
◾Video senders (transmitters/receivers) that operate in the 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz bandwidth.
◾Wireless speakers that operate in the 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz band.
◾Certain external monitors and LCD displays: Certain displays may emit harmonic interference, especially in the 2.4GHz band between channels 11 and 14. This interference may be at its worst if you have a portable computer with the lid closed and an external monitor connected to it. Try changing your access point to use 5 Ghz or a lower 2.4 GHz channel.
◾Any other wireless devices that operate in the 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz bandwidth (microwaves, cameras, baby monitors, neighbors' wireless devices, and so on).

Source (unfortunately it is from Apple, but a very good list)
no microwave ovens around me, there's one in kitchen which is Far away!

well, in here we use dishes for tv, in the room in front of me (theres a wall)there's cable from roof coming inside house and going to tv, also government makes some noises (not sound noise :p) to interrupt the dishes so that we can't watch tv's ! but i dont think that will make my mouse go crazy ! also tv sound was coming while i was playing, no noise on tv !

hmm, under my foot is a power hub, that also protects my pc from power loss ect !

there's only my nexus 4 right to my mouse which i tried turning it off and putting it in kitchen !

i dont have wireless speakers !

i got a super horrible samsung SMS23A560Hplus but i dont think that's the reason :eek:

lol you dont like apple like me:D but i checked there's nothing near my mouse:( maybe my usb hub is making this problem i know there's 1% chance but my hub always makes buzzing noise when i plug my phone to it!

Im an idiot, my pc was connected to it :/ my pc suddebly turned off, no other powers in ny room i cant disconnect that, but its away, i don't think it makes the problem

sorry for typos im on phone!

Last edited:
i was talking with phone, i had a little problem hearing him because i was low on antenna ! but suddenly few LOUD noises with delay, it was like 4 times but anyway i dont remember but i guess my mouse didn't show the light during the noise time ! maybe i heart the noise that's making this problem?!?!?! it was so horrible my head hurts ! lol

also i tried picking my mouse and going outside of room to make sure its connection loss and not anything else, and yes, powerless turns the green/blue light on top so it wasn't power loss after i came back the mouse acted like when i have this problem so its 99% a connection loss !

Last edited:
Sounds like the same kind of interference to me.

Do you have a friend with a computer that you could try your mouse at his/her home?

Sounds like the same kind of interference to me.

Do you have a friend with a computer that you could try your mouse at his/her home?
i finally managed to try it on someone else laptop, it didn't lag at all, i tried it for only 30min~ but it was smooth, i remember there was a time that my mouse was just lagging horribly,i plugged it to my laptop on top of my case and it was so smooth, i plugged back on PC and it was still lagging, on all ports ! so, its a pc problem, :( sadly, still my mx518 is fine ! , it even lags on bios and ubuntu so not a driver problem or anything, now it doesn't even recognize it in LGS, it started with not working, after re installing drivers it worked, but LGS doesn't recognize it at all!

Make sure it's hooked directly to your motherboard's USB2.0 ports.

Make sure it's hooked directly to your motherboard's USB2.0 ports.

I tried on all available ports, its always on usb 3.0 motherboards port bit i also tried front panel in case ports are damaged! Still laged on both usb 3.0 and 2.0!

Open Device Manager, do you have anything with a yellow triangle in there?

sorry for delay,

there's only my nexus 4 with triangle on it, its on tether mode, i guess that goes away when i turn tether off !

You said "its always on usb 3.0 motherboards port", plug it in to a 2.0 port on the motherboard.

You said "its always on usb 3.0 motherboards port", plug it in to a 2.0 port on the motherboard.
oh . sorry that was a typo, i meant its always on usb 2.0 port. i was on phone, my pc was rebooting to windows !

EDIT: i found out something. when my mouse doesn't work, (my arrow is on target but i can't fire, because click does nothing, i pick up my mouse from mouse pad and it shoots, when i put it back again it won't work ! and y picking it up i mean like 1m away ! holding it 90 degrees to ground,

Last edited:
Back