• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Westinghouse 37w3 799.99 Costco.com

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BossBorot

costco just got the famouse westinghouse 37w3 1080p set in stock and is selling it for 799.99.

Edit: sadly after tax and shipping it looks like it will come out to be 900 with about a 20 bucks swing. However this is still 100 cheaper then anything I have seen lately and it has a good warranty to boot.

link

omg... omg... i should NOT buy this.

SICK SICK SICK SICK SIIIIICK DEAL FOR ANYONE IN THE MARKET FOR AN HDTV!!!

Fr3@k3r said:
***WARNING!***

THIS TV DOES NOT HAVE A TUNER BUILT IN! THIS IS THE MONITOR ITSELF!

so you would need to buy a external tuner for the tv.
WARNING! IF YOU'RE WATCHING OVER-THE-AIR BROADCASTS ON AN HDTV YOU NEED TO DO SOME READING! :)

Anyone who buys this display will be using it with a cable or satellite box. In the odd chance that you need to receive over-the-air HDTV signals, just pipe them through the cable box or DVD player, etc.

At $900 this is the best deal on a sub-40" 1080P LCD. Buy this, even if you don't need it.

aaronjb said:
At $900 this is the best deal on a sub-40" 1080P LCD. Buy this, even if you don't need it.
Don't you dare say that! lol

aaronjb said:
WARNING! IF YOU'RE WATCHING OVER-THE-AIR BROADCASTS ON AN HDTV YOU NEED TO DO SOME READING! :)

Anyone who buys this display will be using it with a cable or satellite box. In the odd chance that you need to receive over-the-air HDTV signals, just pipe them through the cable box or DVD player, etc.

Direct tv and dishnet don't have hd locals yet,so i imagine no atsc or qam tuner would turn some people off.

DEZMOND said:
Direct tv and dishnet don't have hd locals yet,so i imagine no atsc or qam tuner would turn some people off.

But honestly I like the fact that I dont have to rely on a build in tuner. It is kind of like a video card in a way. When new external tuners come out you can just get that. Plus lets never forget that this is really not a tv. It is a computer monitor when you get right down it it. A really really big computer monitor :)

Hmm... I haven't yet done all my research on HDTV's yet, but I know this is a good one..

It doesn't contain a tuner. So lets say I buy an HD antenna from Walmart.. And lets say I have a DVD player. Can I get HD display out of that pretty painlessly?

What if I use a computer as a display controller? Would I be able to use that to route TV signal out (assuming I have the proper capture equipment)?

oH JEeeze! I wish this was available when I bought mine for $999.99 at the egg!! You guys should jump this ASAP! This is hands down the best computer monitor I have ever owned!!!!!

krag said:
oH JEeeze! I wish this was available when I bought mine for $999.99 at the egg!! You guys should jump this ASAP! This is hands down the best computer monitor I have ever owned!!!!!
If they get anywhere near this price at the egg I'll have one. I got just enough on my newegg card to cover it.

HousERaT said:
If they get anywhere near this price at the egg I'll have one. I got just enough on my newegg card to cover it.

Heh~Haw...(Simpsons bulley laugh) yes indeed my bro! NO-one COMPARES TO THE EGG. We all have a mother...LOL!:)

JustChill said:
Krag what is the max resolution on this monitor and would it be better than a dell 30"

Most defiantly..better than the dell 30". I canceled a Dell 30" order amid stream to get what I have now. I have never looked back!!!! A bro form another forum is the one who tipped me off. And.. I am grateful.:) :beer: :)

*edit...goolge Dell 30" and you will see what I am talking about!!

DEZMOND said:
How do you mean? We have high-def local channels...

we could get them here INDIANAPOLIS but we dont have an hdtv, tuner, service, or money to pay for it all

but they do quite a bit of hd local channels here

b1q: Why would you want to have local channels in hdtv for watching the TEN o'clock news?

Back