• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Westinghouse 37w3 799.99 Costco.com

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
^ I wouldnt worry to much costco takes things down and relists them all the time although you are right that there are many rumors that it has been discontinued.

BTW there is now a new vizio 42" 1080p that actually has all the "needed" tuners to consider it a tv and not just a monitor. Costco just got it in and lists it at $999.99. Another plus for this is that you can pick it up in store as well saving about $40 on shipping. However the westinghouse is the proven performer.

MadMan007 said:
Well I won't be, just tempted. I have to stick with the NEC 20WMGX2 I got, no choice on returning it but it's awesome so I don't want to :p!

*edit Er dead deal? 'Product not available.' I could have sworn it was earlier today. Maybe Westinghouse finally stopped making them :-/ this thing have been rumored to be disco'd for a long time. Many other etailers no longer carry it either. Too bad 37" was an ideal size as a large monitor plus TV. I wonder if their new line has a 37" equivalent. I guess that makes your decision for you g0dm@n.
well it might be for the better then... =/

BossBorot said:
^ I wouldnt worry to much costco takes things down and relists them all the time although you are right that there are many rumors that it has been discontinued.

BTW there is now a new vizio 42" 1080p that actually has all the "needed" tuners to consider it a tv and not just a monitor. Costco just got it in and lists it at $999.99. Another plus for this is that you can pick it up in store as well saving about $40 on shipping. However the westinghouse is the proven performer.
Hmmm... but I wonder how good this thing truly is... it shows up as $1199 for me...

BossBorot said:

Yeah, but who is watching OTA on a 1080p HD set anyway? More than likely, you're bringing in a cable or satellite feed. I'm sure it's different in metro areas, but where I live there are two OTA HD stations.

Well I just hope Westinghouse comes out with a new 37" monitor when this finally gets disco'd, or someone else comes out with a moderate cost one that doesn't do stupid things like Sharp's auto-contrast adjust. 37" is just about the perfect size for a small to medium room TV that can work well as a computer monitor too. Too much bigger and I'm afraid at desktop viewing distances setup would be too pixelated and the size too overwhelming, even this needs a biggish desktop for proper viewing distance.

I don't really think so. My 47" Westinghouse looks great up close. So long as you can run native res with a DVI plug it looks great.

hyperasus said:
I don't really think so. My 47" Westinghouse looks great up close. So long as you can run native res with a DVI plug it looks great.

From a frined of mine who tested one out and he said it sucks due to the fact that you have to constantly move your heard from side to side due to the massive screen size.

Yea that's what I'm saying. It all depends upon the exact setup and viewing distance of course, I just feel that 37" is the perfect compromise as a monitor plus TV for a somewhat normal desktop setup.

krag said:
From a frined of mine who tested one out and he said it sucks due to the fact that you have to constantly move your heard from side to side due to the massive screen size.
lol... that's why you mount it to a wall, and just get a long desk :)

Back