• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Westinghouse 37w3 799.99 Costco.com

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I have my Xbox hooked up through VGA and my computer through DVI. I get full 1080 with both. Not sure why yours is having problems

DeViL_909 said:
I have my Xbox hooked up through VGA and my computer through DVI. I get full 1080 with both. Not sure why yours is having problems
how does the 360 look w/vga on gears of war... what is that 1080i? is it much better than 720p?

d94 said:
nope..theres still a few stores around me who have it intock!
wow... 1080p 47" for $1100 still... so you have bestbuys that still have it?? lemme know cuz i may be going there for that FW deal posted... the $299 laptop.

which video cards are you guys using to connect your comptuer to the tv to get the full 1080p? and is anyone running windows vista?

Last edited:
g0dM@n said:
how does the 360 look w/vga on gears of war... what is that 1080i? is it much better than 720p?

1080p over VGA, GoW looks great. Just be sure to set the correct output in the Xbox system menu.

aaronjb said:
1080p over VGA, GoW looks great. Just be sure to set the correct output in the Xbox system menu.
What the... you can do 1080p over VGA? First of all, I didn't know you can hit 1080p and still get a good image... second, I didn't know GoW supported 1080p.

you SURE?

Does it look that much better than 720p??? This may be the deal breaker for me, and I'm REALLY not kidding.

Yep my VGA is on 1080p right now. And the game looks pretty darn good lol. Don't tell the misses but we are getting a second one for her :p. I can not stress how nice this TV is. As for the computer hookup, I do not run vista and my vid card is in my sig. My only real complaint is that its not 80" :)

DeViL_909 said:
My only real complaint is that its not 80" :)
Exactly what's holding me back... not sure if I'd have the urge to upgrade to a 42" or 47" in the near future... which will end up costing me a ton. :( Decisions...

g0dM@n said:
What the... you can do 1080p over VGA? First of all, I didn't know you can hit 1080p and still get a good image... second, I didn't know GoW supported 1080p.

you SURE?

Does it look that much better than 720p??? This may be the deal breaker for me, and I'm REALLY not kidding.

Gears of War doesn't render at 1080p internally. The 360 scales the 720p native output of GoW to 1080p. To the best of my knowledge, there are no native 1080p 360 titles yet.

And yes, it looks great. :)

aaronjb said:
Gears of War doesn't render at 1080p internally. The 360 scales the 720p native output of GoW to 1080p. To the best of my knowledge, there are no native 1080p 360 titles yet.

And yes, it looks great. :)
ohhh well that makes a bit more sense... now the question is, does that upscaled 720p->1080p look much better than a 720p native panel?

Ripped from Fatwallet.

ANYONE WHO HAS AMEX CAN NOW PURCHASE FROM COSTCO WITHOUT A MEMBERSHIP (meaning without a FEE).

Un-freakin-fortunately, I don't have Amex, or I woulda done this myself.

Link to offer

Use code 111775758538 as your membership #. This is ONLY VALID FOR AMEX cards.

Ok, I bit on this, replacing the 24 inch dell, what I am wondering is if you used amex or paid the 5% non member fee would you have the costco 2yr warranty, because it states concierge is for members only, so I renewed my expired membership. They have great deals on grind your own coffee anyway :beer:

So, how long of a cable and what kind should I order for this, cheap vs exp? I am not a monster cable person, havent bought into that, when I was in the car stereo business the rep had a 6 inch piece of monster cable where the door opens and you could see it, and the rest was 18 guage, and he had customers sit and listen and ask if they could hear the difference lol. What is the maximum length before you get cable loss on video?

Last edited:
fastcuda said:
Ok, I bit on this, replacing the 24 inch dell, what I am wondering is if you used amex or paid the 5% non member fee would you have the costco 2yr warranty, because it states concierge is for members only, so I renewed my expired membership. They have great deals on grind your own coffee anyway :beer:

So, how long of a cable and what kind should I order for this, cheap vs exp? I am not a monster cable person, havent bought into that, when I was in the car stereo business the rep had a 6 inch piece of monster cable where the door opens and you could see it, and the rest was 18 guage, and he had customers sit and listen and ask if they could hear the difference lol. What is the maximum length before you get cable loss on video?
I think with DVI you could run a 25ft cable and it should be alright... remember, get the shortest cable possible, while making sure you have enough cable to keep things neat. Always best to not have a slag left over... Anytime I do digital cables, I get the shortest length possible that fits my needs.

Go with monoprice.com... you'll be perfect with their cheap-priced, high-quality cables!!! Ask anyone...

g0dM@n said:
Go with monoprice.com... you'll be perfect with their cheap-priced, high-quality cables!!! Ask anyone...

QFT, monoprice is the only place to go for cables.

mmm Amex deal. Brings it to $899.44 with shipping and tax for me. I wish they had a pickup option, I live like 5 miles from a Costco :( Damn you g0dm@n for temtping me!

i may sell my current 32" hdtv to a friend for $420... i wanted $450-500, but oh well he's a good friend, and IF he takes it, I may be picking up this westy afterall.

Well I won't be, just tempted. I have to stick with the NEC 20WMGX2 I got, no choice on returning it but it's awesome so I don't want to :p!

*edit Er dead deal? 'Product not available.' I could have sworn it was earlier today. Maybe Westinghouse finally stopped making them :-/ this thing have been rumored to be disco'd for a long time. Many other etailers no longer carry it either. Too bad 37" was an ideal size as a large monitor plus TV. I wonder if their new line has a 37" equivalent. I guess that makes your decision for you g0dm@n.

Back