• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Westinghouse 37w3 799.99 Costco.com

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
thideras said:
How do you mean? We have high-def local channels...

There not in all areas as of yet.Western NY don't have them ,but we do have a local hd weather channel that my rabbit ears works just fine for.

Actually the over the air hd is higher quality then most of the older stuff that is played on dtv's movie channels.Having 3 pbs channels is nice to.

Some asked about routing an HD antennae through a DVD player to this TV. It should work (though any antenna is capable of pulling in HD signals, even if it doesn't specifically say "HD" on it). The other option is to buy an HD PCI TV tuner card, but I haven't done all the research on that, and it can be somewhat complicated to get exactly what you want out of it. As for a PC monitor, I don't have this monitor exactly, but I have the Samsung 40" LCD and it works great as a PC monitor. I just sit about 6 feet away in a lazy boy. As compared to the 30" Dell monitor, this TV is much bigger, but not quite as high of a max resolution. This monitor can/will do 1920x1080 and the dell monitors will do 2560 x 1600. Honestly on a TV/monitor this size, you won't see much of a difference going from 1920x1080 to 2560x1600 unless you sit less than 2 feet away plus you'll need an extremely good video card (8800GTX or better) to run 2560x1600 at any sort of enjoyable framerate. In fact, I have to run my desktop at 720P resolution just to read it from 6' away. I only run 1080P resolution in games, and it looks awesome. Good deal for anyone looking for an inexpensive 1080P TV. But, do your research and make sure it will do everything you expect/need it to do. And I think Costco still has a 2 year return policy (did someone say free extended warranty?) on TVs?? Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Burninate said:
And I think Costco still has a 2 year return policy (did someone say free extended warranty?) on TVs?? Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I don't have a Costco near me, but I believe that their liberal return policy has recently been altered.

And if you don't have this display yet, how come? Maybe we should start an "OCF 37w3 Owner's Club". :)

Burninate said:
And I think Costco still has a 2 year return policy (did someone say free extended warranty?) on TVs?? Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Costco has a 90days return policy, and it will automatically double the manufacturer's warranty (means, 2yrs warranty). (just bought a 42" LCD from them 6 weeks ago, so I know :p )

Nice deal. I have one of these that I don't even use for TV. They make outstanding computer monitors even up close on a desk. Auto power off and everything just like any other monitor.

Oh and I also have HD locals on my dishnetwork box.

NO

This screen will run great on just about any graphics card that has DVI. I have a friend that uses his with a dell laptop that has integrated Intel graphics.

Edit: Res is 1920x1080

Albaholic said:
is this online only? I want a tv. but shipping kills it for me

I'm not making a CostCo membership just to see the shipping cost. What's the pre-sales tax cost with shipping, sent by the cheapest method?

yog said:
Total comes to $907 for me. Shipping is only $33, which is pretty good IMHO.

Not bad at all bro. Mine came to just about $1,300 when it was on sale for $999.99 I had to get the extended 3 yr warranty. I honestly do not see myself upgrading this monitor until after that...maybe even longer. :) so at the moment its covered for 4 yrs..1st year thru manufacturer and last 3 thru newegg.

Mine is on the way. Talk about a deal. It comes with a free 2year extended warranty from costco. Can't wait to get it all hooked up and ready to go :p

my God... I can't stop thinking about picking this up... i just can't...

if you sell both your 2407wfp and 2005wfp and then move your e207wfp over to your other computer you should be able to upgrade on the cheap.

hyperasus said:
IDK about selling the 2407. Those are some high res screens.

Thats what krag did* and he obviously seems quite happy with the move as evidenced by his posts in this thread.

*meaning selling his 2407wfp and getting a 37w3

I have both and they are both fantastic. I guess for gaming the bigger size is just more fun. There are things I like the 24" for though. Those dell 24" screens just have a ton of desktop real estate. Not that the 37" is lacking. We're just talking 1920x1200 vs 1920x1080.

Back