• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Westinghouse 37w3 799.99 Costco.com

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I ordered one and its coming this friday. I can't wait, my first lcdTV! Now I gota order my wall mount kit for 20 bucks and some hdmi cables/switch for cheap from monoprice. Anyone know if the hdmi switch deteriates quality?

i keep adding this DAMN monitor to cart and keep thinking about pulling the trigger.

right now i have a 720p 37" monitor as TV and movies
for PC I have a Dell 24" 2405fpw and Dell 20" side-by-side

If I buy this 37" 1080p, I'd want to use as PC and TV and sell my 2405fpw and 720p panel.

The problem is... My PC is on my desk against one wall (not viewable from bed), and my TV is on my dresser against opposite wall (viewable from bed)...

So... this makes the decision super-tough for me... I dunno how I can implement the use of this as TV and PC... which would be viewable from bed so I can watch movies with the boss (i mean woman)

*edit*
wtf...
Subtotal: $799.99
Shipping & Handling: $48.54
Non-Member Surcharge: $40.00
Tax: $74.42
Order Total: $962.95
NO WAY... THAT'S RETARDED. :( I'll have to pass... TAX and SHIPPING rock my behind!!
I was thinking that for $900 shipped I may have, but bleh...

Bro dude, if the angle of the dangle is that critical, then get a cheap wall mount or swing arm of eGay. Should be cheap, and very well worth te price of this satisfying monitor. It BLOWS AWAY my 61" DLP on HD channels, they are crisp & clean with no caffine...LOL!

This is the best PC/TV monitor I have ever owned!:clap: :clap: :clap:

krag said:
Bro dude, if the angle of the dangle is that critical, then get a cheap wall mount or swing arm of eGay. Should be cheap, and very well worth te price of this satisfying monitor. It BLOWS AWAY my 61" DLP on HD channels, they are crisp & clean with no caffine...LOL!

This is the best PC/TV monitor I have ever owned!:clap: :clap: :clap:
Are you for real?? Trying to make me spend 1K... you're a very bad friend!!! :thup:

My PC desk faces at a 90 degree angle to my bed. You think I can get an enormous swivel that can support a 90 degree turn for when I wanna watch TV???

g0dM@n said:
wtf...
Non-Member Surcharge: $40.00
Tax: $74.42
Order Total: $962.95
NO WAY... THAT'S RETARDED. :( I'll have to pass... TAX and SHIPPING rock my behind!!
I was thinking that for $900 shipped I may have, but bleh...
Ouch! I feel sorry for you guys with sales tax, mine was $830 shipped, I am also a Costco Member though. I sure we probably make up for the lack of sales tax in our ridiculous property taxes though;)

aaronjb said:
BestBuy was doing a clearance on the old 47" models (still a great deal!). The new 47" models are priced at $1799.
1080p, right... i'm assuming it's all sold out...

JD21 said:
Ouch! I feel sorry for you guys with sales tax, mine was $830 shipped, I am also a Costco Member though. I sure we probably make up for the lack of sales tax in our ridiculous property taxes though;)

You're a CostCo member but there's none in your state? :eek: Or is OR just no sales tax...if so yea they definitely get you another way heh.

g0dm@n: find a CostCo member who can order it for you. That would save $40 at least :p

MadMan007 said:
You're a CostCo member but there's none in your state? :eek: Or is OR just no sales tax...if so yea they definitely get you another way heh.

g0dm@n: find a CostCo member who can order it for you. That would save $40 at least :p
my gf is a costco member... i may have to order under her name. :D

i still have to figure out how to implement this monitor in my room to work as a PC monitor AND a TV.

right now i do the 24" and 20" dell for PC, and a 32" 720p for TV... the way my bed is oriented, it will never face the computer monitor on the computer desk, so i'd have to rearrange everything (which is a huge job for me b/c you've no idea how much stuff i have)...

i'm thinking of designs.

I love this TV. I never thought that anything this big would have a good picture from my comp, but its amazing. My finance even likes it :p (but she is a little angry that I use it for the comp and not watching her TV shows in HD lol). It stomps my old Dell 21" LCD that I payed $900 for a few years back. I just like the fact i can watch movies on it from my xbox 360 and play games on it at the same time with the PIP mode (you can move the the box anywhere you want and has 3 different sizes). The quality is amazing on HD and you would have to nuts to not jump on this deal. If you have the cash and need a TV this is it.

My gf is a GOLDSTAR MEMBER at Costco...

I just used her member #, and my total goes from $962.94 down to $919.60

Anyway I can knock it down more? I'm guessing not... tax is probably the KILLER...

Here's the breakdown:
Tax: $71.07
Order Total: $919.60

I'm staring at the "PLACE ORDER" button. I know that if I get this, I'll want to also buy a wall mount and whatnot... but I did recently make ~$500 on the side this past month doing computer work on the side (besides my full-time job)... AHHHH!!!!

I have to say I have this monitor and it kicks some serious arse :tup:

i got the tv, i have a evga nvidia 7600gs video card and im trying to get the 1080p resolution to show but when i go to the control panel.. the highest available resolution is 1360x768. I'm connecting my computer to the tv through the vga cable. Anyone know how i can get the native 1920x1080 resolution to show appear. i've already tried updating the video card drivers.

i'm running windows vista if that makes a difference.

another interesting thing is when i go to the tv menu -> & -> 7. system info

it says:
vga
1280 x 768

but when i go to the control panel, i'm running 1360x768. any help? thanks in advance :D

btw.. this tv is awesome even when its not running in 1080p resolution. EVERYONE should buy one :D

Back