• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Westinghouse 37w3 799.99 Costco.com

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ok well my tv is coming in on June 5th. I will let you know how the shipping went and the quality. It came out as $902 shipped for me. Sadly I have not had the time or money to build a new system so it will only be running off a x1800xt. Hopefully it will be enough to have a little fun till i can find a deal for a new vid card :p. By the way, I blame Krag for making me buy this. I am sending my finance your way when it comes in lol.

LOL! I have corrupted another one!!! :cool: :bday:

You will love it bro!! And yes you will have to upgrade yer vid card for a smoother gaming experience. The native rez is 1920x1080.

I already got mine from Costco.com. I placed my order on May 25th and it arrived on May 31st. I received a version 1.8 LVM-37W3 and the screen is perfect without any dead/stuck pixels. It also does not have any abnormal back-light bleeding. This screen is awesome, bright, vivid, and I'm enjoying it in place of my Dell 2407FP A03. I also hooked my Xbox 360 for a little Forza 2 action since that also arrived yesterday and man, it looks great.

I put a few pictures up on my gallery you can take a peek at. Some are closeups so you can see the screen door effect. But at over a foot away, you cannot see any of that and the screen just looks awesome. I have to modify my desk as it has a hutch that is too low, but that's a small price to pay to have a monitor this big.

The monitor arrived in perfect condition in two days after it shipped from Ontario, CA (by Los Angeles).

http://www.dmwtech.com/gallery2/v/misc/37w3/

Just got mine in and posting on it right now. Thank for talking me into it. The picture is amazing!

Yes! More 37w3 converts! My plan to get one of these in every living room in America is in full swing.

There is a new model out from what ive read at [H]. Higher contrast ratio, 1 less DVI. Anyway I just ordered one for $888.50 shipped. Kinda having buyers remorse after hearing that D94 got the 47 inch for $1100. But I can always change my mind.

Nathan0490 said:
There is a new model out from what ive read at [H]. Higher contrast ratio, 1 less DVI. Anyway I just ordered one for $888.50 shipped. Kinda having buyers remorse after hearing that D94 got the 47 inch for $1100. But I can always change my mind.
D94 got the 42". I wish that he'd PM a mod to change the title of his thread. :) Seems d94 did get the 47", oops.

You ordered the new model?

Last edited:
hyperasus said:
Where did D94 get the 47" for $1100?
lol... don't you think i woulda jumped on that too... that darn kid!! he scores every deal imaginable.

g0dM@n said:
lol... don't you think i woulda jumped on that too... that darn kid!! he scores every deal imaginable.

BestBuy was doing a clearance on the old 47" models (still a great deal!). The new 47" models are priced at $1799.

aaronjb said:
D94 got the 42". I wish that he'd PM a mod to change the title of his thread. :) Seems d94 did get the 47", oops.

You ordered the new model?

Word is westinghouse isnt making the old one anymore, 99% chance ill get the new model. So far people have been getting it.

What does the new model have over the older one. I have one of the older 47" and it's been great. Wish Westinghouse would make a 1080p 52".

hyperasus said:
What does the new model have over the older one. I have one of the older 47" and it's been great. Wish Westinghouse would make a 1080p 52".
They have a 1080p 52" coming out in a few months.

Also, check this thread for the differences. There's a link to an avsforum thread there.

Last edited:
Mines coming in on Tuesday :) I also have a HD DVD Player 360 Add-On coming in shortly after that. And I ordered the Logitech Z-5500 Surround Sound :)

Its like a Mega Christmas! :santa: :thup:

Now I just have to hope this interview for a job at BestBuy goes well tommorow. :cool:

I love my Logitech Z-5500 Surround Sound BIG TIME! much better than my Z-680 Ultras!!! I have the Westy 37" & the Logy Z-5500's and love it~! Looks like I now need to get myself a HD DVD player.

I HATE UPS THEY DAMAGED MY TV! It was supposed to be delivered today, I tracked it and got this:

06/19/2007 6:00 P.M. THE PACKAGE WAS DAMAGED IN TRANSIT. UPS WILL NOTIFY THE SENDER WITH THE DETAILS

Wow! They didn't even bother to attempt a delivery. That must mean yer 37" Westy is flat as a pancake!! Proly severe damage

Back