• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What 99FX chipset boards support Bulldozer with out bios update?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kris

I have been running intel hardware since the Q6600 days and the price of the top end AMD stuff has lured me back. My problem is I have been looking around and it seems the ASUS 990FX boards need a bios update before bulldozer can be used. Problem is all I have is intel stuff around. So what boards being sold that support a FX 8150 with out bios update?

Cannot see where you are from but 'every' site that has a good turn-over in motherboards should have every 990FX board already selling with the FX-series bios on it. If you bought from a brick and mortar store with no turn-over, only then could I conceive of you gettting a 990FX board that had not already shipped with a flashed bios for FX-series processor.

Most of that stuff you read was old news today.

Thanks Rgone. I haven't had a AMD rig since the 939 days and it looks like I am going to enjoy a new AMD rig! I was looking @ newegg so I am sure they have had enough turnover!

My gawd we would really think so. Be well man.

Thanks Rgone. I haven't had a AMD rig since the 939 days and it looks like I am going to enjoy a new AMD rig! I was looking @ newegg so I am sure they have had enough turnover!

I have a Sabertooth 990FX and did not need to flash it to run FX-8120, like RGone said, any major computer distributor will have MB with the new BIOS. They just don't sit around long enough to be old :rofl:

The 99x chipset was created for the Bulldozer. They should all natively support that CPU family with the caveat that some of the higher speed Bulldozers came out later so the bios may have to be udated to properly recongnize say the FX-4170 in addtion to the original FX-4100.

All of the new revisions of Gigabyte's 990FX UD series should support it. Any new 990FX should work, and most 970 boards will if they are the newest manufactured revision.

Back