• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED What brand is there for Closed Loop Water Cooler

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gh0sT-NoVa

As title said.

Im planning to upgrade to Closed Loop Water Cool Cooler , soon , im trying to find out every brands that make this things, so far i only know / least have them here in my country are

1) Corsair
2) Antec
3) Thermaltake
4) Cooler Master
5) Enermax
6) Intel ( only for INTEL Socket )

We have Artic Cooling , Ever Cool , Noctua , but i doubt they make any Closed Loop Water Cooler do they ?

Is there any other good brands out there ??

Also guys in your opinion , do you think the INTEL one is worth it ? Because it only works for INTEL socket , yes im currently running on a i5 3550 , but what if i plan to change to AMD platform in future ( I originally an AMD fan ) , so then the cooler wont be compatible and it be wasted.

Unless i be using my i5 3550 for a long long time i guess that be ok.

Think my i5 3550 can least last 5 years at least before i need to change to a better CPU ? ( Intended for gaming )

But how long does these Cloosed Loop Water Coolers can actually last ?

So what's your opinion , get something more expensive or the cheaper one from INTEL

The cheapest ones beside INTEL are least from 93$ here. While INTEL one is only for 83$

Higher price ones like Corsair H60 ( we don't have H40 / 50 ) , its least 116$

The price difference are quite huge between the H60 and INTEL one. TBH i find the INTEL one looks cooler too.

http://www.lelong.com.my/intel-bxrt...-hubbyhoneyworld-121650716-2014-01-Sale-P.htm

swiftech now has a Aio cooler or you can get there all in one kits. http://www.swiftech.com/LC_kits.aspx

Ah SwiftTech , i heard of them , but they aren't so popular well least i don't see much unboxing for SwiftTech products but i seen them before.

They do look professional , for most their products are only on cooling.

But sadly they aren't available here in Malaysia / Singapore.

http://www.swiftech.com/internationalresellers.aspx

About the lifespan did you meant for SwiftTech or all Closed Loop Liquid Cooler

The only ones that are any good are the H80 (i) or the 120x2 sizes. All the rest are only as good as a top notch air cooler. If it's isn't Corsair H100, H90, H110 or swiftech, I'd pass on watercooling with an AIO myself. NXZT Kraken seems okay if you can get it. Sorry about the cost issue.

The Intel one, like the H40, 50, 60, 70 are not worth the money or any other 120x1 except the H80 since it's pretty darn thick 120x1 rad.

The only ones that are any good are the H80 (i) or the 120x2 sizes. All the rest are only as good as a top notch air cooler. If it's isn't Corsair H100, H90, H110 or swiftech, I'd pass on watercooling with an AIO myself. NXZT Kraken seems okay if you can get it. Sorry about the cost issue.

The Intel one, like the H40, 50, 60, 70 are not worth the money or any other 120x1 except the H80 since it's pretty darn thick 120x1 rad.

What's an AIO , and when you meant by 120X2 as in the radiator size ? hmm for Kraken , aren't they still quite new ?

We do have NZXT here not many products for it though , but maybe we will get later if the Kraken its still new.

H80 is bit too over my budget....i could afford it but this its seriously too much for me lol , i mean my actual goal its not because im doing any OC , i just want a Liquid Cooler , well it does look cool for one thing , secondly it doesn't have a big heatsink and fans that will obstruct my high heatsink RAM , which im installing , i currently only have 2 X 4GB Vengeance , but i think i will add more in future which will collide with my CPU cooler fan.

So im actually looking for a cheap decent liquid cooler which is least better than my TX3 EVO

But i guess its my fault for getting a M-ATX Mobo , ending up with little clearance between my RAM and CPU Cooler :(

So basically the cheaper ones from Thermaltake , Enermax are exactly same as the Corsair H60 ?

Thermaltake and Enermax there are some selling for only 93$ , 1X 150mm radiator with 1X 120mm fan , same as H60 i guess.

Hard to decide...if i were to go for them , of course im better off with cheaper price tag but i feel like sticking to Corsair as like a loyal customer lol.

Unless i could find a way to solve my cpu cooler fan colliding with my RAM , if not i guess i still have to get a liquid cooler.

EDIT : Sorry i only did my search after posting the things above. Actually the H80 it's only 50 bucks more ( my currency ) from the H60

H80 - RM 405
H60 - RM 349

Hmmm even though is 50 bucks , is it worth it ? As i said...i didn't intended for amazing cooling solution. As long its cool keeping it 30 + celcius during idle and maybe 50 - 60 during load im happy lol

If the cheaper one H60 can do that i guess i might as well get H60 ? Whats your opinion guys. Also i wonder can the H80 fit , as you said the radiator is thick ! I wonder is there enough space , i also have 2 X 140mm fans on top of my case , is there chances the radiator colliding with them ?

Im using Corsair Carbide 400R

From this picture ( not Carbide 400R ) it's just a tight fit !

http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/7614/sany00302.jpg

There's the H80 and the slightly upgraded H80i.

x1 does mean one fan, yes.

Why do you need an aftermarket cooler, you can't OC the i5-3550.

by x1 you mean fans right?

Of course kinda. 120x1 means the rad is 120 x120 in space. 120x2 is 120x240 in space.... etc. The new H90 is 140x140 etc.

(i). Hmm you don't read many reviews etc on the watercooling sub forum.

There is an H80i and the H80. The (i) is an updated one with more intelligent fan speed control settings.

Get the H80i. Problem solved. Your not overclocking, no need for any more. Sorry about your budget, not my problem, I'll recommend whats best for your needs.

The H80 would be okay also.

Get the H80i. Problem solved. Your not overclocking, no need for any more. Sorry about your budget, not my problem, I'll recommend whats best for your needs.

The H80 would be okay also.

I guess your right , i mean it's only 50 bucks more. Might as well spend bit more get something which is better. Hmm but i think most of the H80 here are still old stocks , i been to retail shop recently browsing around saw they are the exact same as the old ones. I guess i will wait bit while longer.

I hope it won't be more expensive for the (i) version :shock: Its no surprise if it is here. This is how my country operates :( Sad isn't it ? :cry:

But i guess the H80 will do fine too..

About the radiator fitting , think there will be no problem ? Clearance on Mobo seems fine , this dude have the same Mobo as me :thup:

http://i1050.photobucket.com/albums/s418/RetrogamerX/S1890001.jpg

What about the fan on top ? Uh i can't find the radiator's size on Corsair page....can someone post me the size for the radiator ? Thickness and Dimension if possible , tks :thup:

EDIT : Its ok , i found it ! God...an online shop have better info compare to Corsair page ! TBH , Corsair product page have quite lack of info IMO !

http://www.ipmart.com.my/main/product/CORSAIR,COOLER,CPU,HYDRO,SERIES,H80,323988.php?prod=323988

152mm tall by 38mm thick. and it should fit.(I have the h80). and yea the h80i in more expensive.but you might want to get the h80i because there are many problems with the quality on the h80.

Problems with H80 :shock: Hell no there better be no problem for im spending over 400 bucks here for a cooler :temper:

What problems are they ?? :confused:

Back