• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED What brand is there for Closed Loop Water Cooler

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I don't find building a WC is'nt complicated at all... mine only has 3 lines of tubing in it since the pump is integrated with the reservoir.

For non overclockers water is overkill though.

Yes it is from ASTEK , but from the looks i think its same as H80 since it has a thick radiator

But we don't have ASTEK here.

So which you guys will go for Antec Kuhler h20 920 / Corsair Hydro H80

I would really want to go for Corsair to match build.

Anyone have experience with H80 or any Hydro series and can confidently tell me you will not have problems like

1) Dies within months to a year have to RMA it
2) Pump problem , have to RMA it , can't be avoided
3) Must have fan set to super high speed , over 1500 RPM , just to cool an Intel i5 3550 @ 3.3 GHZ which not even intended to OC , during Idle and Gaming

Cause it might be only 136 $ , but im spending over 400 bucks here for them , god i will F@$# **** if things go badly :bang head

Because my idea of thinking its " You get what you paid " , so a 136 $ i don't think its cheap...its even more expensive than the Noctua nh-d14
( i would go for this if my RAM doesn't get in the way , also a heatsink this big , i don't want my Mobo go falling down on me )

Not to mention Corsair its such well known , reputed and popular company. I pay this much yet i have to face BS , that's not something i would like nor anyone else i bet. :temper:

well I have the h80 and the only problem I have with it right now is that the intagrated fan controler is broken. I fixed this by just pluging the fans into other 3 pin conectors and useing a program to control speed.

Been sick for 3 days wasn't able to reply.

But guys , my MAIN REASON of changing from Air Cool to Closed Loop Water Cool its because,

The fan for air cool heatsink will collide with my Corsair Vengeance RAM , unless i could find a proper replacement for my TX3 EVO , i will most properly be going to Closed Loop Water Cool.

I know you could just have one fan on one side instead of having 2 , but i dislike the idea and the looks of it , i prefer to have both fans on both sides.

So it won't work.

Also i do know that air cool could be good as water cool , but you must go for cooler big as like the Noctua NH-D14 , Cooler Master TPC 812. Which worries me damaging my Mobo , not to mention mine its a M-ATX which i think its weaker too :shrug:

I couldn't care less which is better in cooling , I just want it to be able to install into my PC without fuss or problem , have it run smoothly yet again with any problems or so. Keeping my CPU cool at a decent temperature at a quiet fan speed rate.

Since i mentioned over and over im not doing any OC nor will I . So it's pointless even if someone install me a full set water cool system :-/

Since there's so much complain and negative comments for Corsair i think i will either go for Antec 920 / NZXT Kraken.

But for Kraken X60 , it seems that there's some modification needed to be done if i were to be fitted on to my Carbide 400R.

Anyone have any experience with this / any idea what does this mean ??

http://www.nzxt.com/new/news_detail.php?id=318

Since you're not going to OC nor plan to, why not stick with the OEM heatsink... or just a small air heatsink...

Simple. Took me 20 seconds.............................

The new 140x2 Kraken cooler will fit into these cases in the list.

Is the translator you use that bad or did you spend 5 seconds reading it before posting.

The Kraken I think might be pretty good, I'll call it better than Corsair. Not as good as the Swiftech.

The ANTEC one is probably made in the same factory as the Corsair with a different label. Have you looked at the pics of the ANTEC vs the Corsair? Took the time to do some homework? You tell me what the difference is.

The info is out there, you take the time to read more and learn more about stuff before you post?

I'm challenging you because I think your kinda bouncing around and not getting anywhere with our input. We have given you tons and tons of information and lots of our replies are just banter that aren't helping you. Just buy something already.

Last edited:
Been sick for 3 days wasn't able to reply.

But guys , my MAIN REASON of changing from Air Cool to Closed Loop Water Cool its because,

The fan for air cool heatsink will collide with my Corsair Vengeance RAM , unless i could find a proper replacement for my TX3 EVO , i will most properly be going to Closed Loop Water Cool.
Remove heatsinks from RAM or get low profile RAM. Cheaper than buying a new cooling system.
I know you could just have one fan on one side instead of having 2 , but i dislike the idea and the looks of it , i prefer to have both fans on both sides.

So it won't work.
Will work, you just don't like it.
Also i do know that air cool could be good as water cool , but you must go for cooler big as like the Noctua NH-D14 , Cooler Master TPC 812. Which worries me damaging my Mobo , not to mention mine its a M-ATX which i think its weaker too :shrug:
Many have done it with no problem.
I couldn't care less which is better in cooling , I just want it to be able to install into my PC without fuss or problem , have it run smoothly yet again with any problems or so. Keeping my CPU cool at a decent temperature at a quiet fan speed rate.
Water cooling and CLC systems are not known for running smoothly with no problems.
Since i mentioned over and over im not doing any OC nor will I . So it's pointless even if someone install me a full set water cool system :-/
Than use a good air cooler
Since there's so much complain and negative comments for Corsair i think i will either go for Antec 920 / NZXT Kraken.
Both have good records but air is simpler and has less chance for problems
But for Kraken X60 , it seems that there's some modification needed to be done if i were to be fitted on to my Carbide 400R.
Anyone have any experience with this / any idea what does this mean ??
http://www.nzxt.com/new/news_detail.php?id=318
Already answered by Conumdrum

= = in the end its more moving towards to argument , so i decided if i could get the Kraken , i would get the Kraken instead , if not i go for Antec or maybe Thermaltake.

FYI , it did state it's compatible with the case as for my 400R ,but read properly it did have a * on it mentioned that it might need modification , so wasn't sure what exact modification is that.

If they did explained there , maybe i couldn't understand it for my English isn't so good that maybe one of you would might have just explained it to me a friendly matter.

If you don't feel like answering plz don't besides going all firing at someone's face.

Sometime what i hate most is , people keep bring up the idea which i already mentioned i didn't wanted to use , if i wanted to use that idea i would have use it , why do i even mention it and change the original idea ? Waste of energy typing much !?

Nvm , case close , i solve my problem. Tks for who have actually help me , and sorry to say some have totally wasted my time and my energy reading your posts....

No mention of the Krakens, eh? How rude!

AIO coolers are becoming more of a standard these days. A LOT of people are moving from air to AIO's. There's pros/cons to it, just like everything else. However, I have never had an Aircooler that was just a painless install, and in my opinion, that scores highly for the AIOs, because they're typically VERY easy to install.

No mention of the Krakens, eh? How rude!

AIO coolers are becoming more of a standard these days. A LOT of people are moving from air to AIO's. There's pros/cons to it, just like everything else. However, I have never had an Aircooler that was just a painless install, and in my opinion, that scores highly for the AIOs, because they're typically VERY easy to install.

You haven't used many air coolers have you... the Hyper 212+ is extremely easy to install... and so is the oem intel cooler which just uses push pins... no need to use a back plate or anything...

You haven't used many air coolers have you... the Hyper 212+ is extremely easy to install... and so is the oem intel cooler which just uses push pins... no need to use a back plate or anything...

Never used the Hypers, no. Stock really doesn't count. I've found through the dozen or so coolers that I have used, that waterblocks, either on AIOs or custom loops are easier to install.

Back